Big BBQ in Canberra

For those who woul like an excuse to come to Canberra (or even just to stay), this is it.

The Canberra Big BBQ will be held on Saturday October 4th- which is the long weekend, the last weekend of Floriade, and the day after NickM gives a presentation on Hybrid Trusts- see NickM. It will be starting at around lunchtime.

The venue is yet to be determined- this is just advance warning to pencil in the date.

Just to help to determine what sort of catering will be required, could anyone who may come please email me- [email protected] - with the subject "Big BBQ". It doesn't mean you have to come, but it will help determine what sort of catering needed.

It should be a great weekend.

Originally posted by geoffw

The Canberra Big BBQ will be held on Saturday October 4th- which is the long weekend, the last weekend of Floriade

Actually, Floriade runs from September 13 - October 12 not that it will affect the BBQ though :D

Re: Re: Big BBQ in Canberra

Originally posted by Ruby
Actually, Floriade runs from September 13 - October 12 not that it will affect the BBQ though :D
OK Ruby, thanks for that. I sit corrected.

So it means the flowers will still not be at their last ebb.

I should have checked with my colleague (whose wife is the Floraide organiser) before posting that.

Maybe I can organise the flowers to be in maximum bloom for that weekend.

Bump / Burp

Whats the go guys, do we have a venue yet ?

All my spare bedrooms are booked for that weekend.

Interstate visitors need to know what is happening.

Cheers

Phil

No venue yet- numbers are not that high yet.

It's still six weeks away- but if people are thinking of coming, please let me know.

OK, suggested venue is the Burns Club, Kambah.

Cost is $14.50 per head if we choose to go ahead with this venue.

They have a brand new barbecue area, which has never been tested in the heat of summer.

The menu with the $14.50 bbq is
.Scotch fillet steak
.Sausages, thick and thin
.grilled onions
.potato salad
.coleslaw
.lettuce
.tomato
.cucumber
.capsicum
.rice salad
.beetroot
.condiments & sauces
.garlic, herb and blueberry butter
.fancy breads

The minimum is supposedly 40 people, but they're OK to reduce that- but not too much.

Of course, being a club, there's the opportunity for drinks at club prices.

It is outdoors- but with the opportunity of being indoors if there's a weather problems.

And I don't think there will be any problem with cold winter winds- especially indoors.

If people think that's OK (or if I don't get any objections) I'll book Monday.

OK, suggested venue is the Burns Club, Kambah.

Cost is $14.50 per head if we choose to go ahead with this venue.

They have a brand new barbecue area, which has never been tested in the heat of summer.

Originally posted by geoffw

Geoff, It's Spring, not Summer ;)

The venue is good though, I have been there many times.

My spare rooms are all booked with interstate people coming for the BBQ, but if I can help anyone with advice for the BBQ, give me a PM or email :)

Cheers

Phil

Look at that menu...

I'm thinking Meat a big piece of meat for me. After Staurday night I'm vego'd out for 12 months now.

Mr Ed

Hi Geoffw,

I'll speak to the other half and see if I can convince him to come...we need to test out the new motorhome anyway. Is there a vego option on the bbq?

Cheers,
Kathryn

Geoff,

I'll put that on our Calendar as well. It's possible (depending on reno's) that we could have a double bed available for the event) for out-of-towners but I have NOT cleared that with SWMBO.

Cheers,

Bob

Kathryn,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just had an answer back. Vegetable kebabs will be available on the day.

Details-

Burns Club Canberra
8 Kett St Kambah

1PM, Saturday 4 October

Cost $14.50

We must have definite numbers three days before the event.

Unfortunatly the Bears can't attend this year. We'll be at a long awaited wedding in San Francisco on the 4th.

We hope everyone has a great time. See you next year.

Originally posted by Kathryn
Hi Geoffw,

I'll speak to the other half and see if I can convince him to come...we need to test out the new motorhome anyway. Is there a vego option on the bbq?

Cheers,
Kathryn
Kathryn,

Vegetable kebabs are an option (My daughter will go for those, if she comes).

If you are coming, and require the vego option, please confirm (to help the caterers)

If you are coming, and require the meat option, please confirm (to help the caterers) :D

Originally posted by PT_Bear
Unfortunatly the Bears can't attend this year. We'll be at a long awaited wedding in San Francisco on the 4th.

We hope everyone has a great time. See you next year.
Sorry that you can't come.

But at least you will be able to participate in the great American dream- to wear T-shirts

(the right to bare arms).

Back