BIG Brisbane Meeting –July 2005

BIG Brisbane Meeting –July 2005.

Dear guys,

Details for our next exciting BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 26th of July 2005.
Where: The Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
(For southbound traffic be sure to take the service road.)
Ian Barclay Building (Conference Room 2.2 -rear door)

http://www.ctc.qld.edu.au/Our Location.htm

(Ian Barclay Building is the new building to the right. Enter through the front doors and take either the stairs or lift to the second level.)

(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 199 Ref M6). Short walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Informal.
Time: 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
Cost: $15/singles or $25/couples. Or become a member for free entry to BIG meetings (Both monthly and cashflow meetings). (12 months membership: $120 for single or $180 for couples.)

Speaker: Steve Navra

Topic: “Optimising Investment Structures -Cashbonds, living off equity, and utilising a dollar more than once!”

With more than 20 years of accounting, stockbroking and property investment experience, Steve is an innovator in the ever-changing property and investment market. Since moving to Sydney in the early 1990s, Steve has been the driving force behind some of Australias premier investment companies. Steves personal mission statement is optimising investment structures. He is committed to providing educational and ongoing support for the sophisticated investor. An investor himself with over 30 investment properties, his strategies offer an alternative point of view.

http://www.navra.com.au
http://www.navrainvest.com.au

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property or the forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. ;) )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

What is BIG?

“Brisbane’s first choice for investment property networking and information.”

BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit group of like minded people who meet monthly to network and share information about property investment.

** BUMP **

I missed Steve's Cocktail Party/Meeting in Brisbane last Tuesday (had to go to Townsville for work).

So, I am looking forward to hearing Steve present again this coming Tuesday (26 July).

KieranK

Another great turnout at BIG.

It amazes me the amount of new people that turn up.

Different people for different speakers I guess.

Steve was well worth listening to, as expected.

It would be great to have a dvd to replay later.

Thanks Steve.

A86

agent 86 said:

Thanks Steve.

A86

A86,

I understand (from the official counters :D :D ) that over 100 people turned up. It is great to see so many members and new people turn up each month.

Even though I attended his course a couple of years ago and his BIG presentation in June 2003 (I think) at the Salisbury School, I too enjoyed Steve's presentation. Every time I listen to Steve a little more of his approach clicks; the rest was a great refresher and reminder. My 19 year old son was present and I appreciated Steve's reference to John Paul College at Daisy Hill as my son went to school there.

I was hoping that Steve was going to announce the dates for his next workshop in Brisbane (as this would have been great for the attendees) - I checked his website this morning and note that there are none scheduled for Brisbane at this stage. I assume Steve is just too busy - I'm glad I didn't ask him the question of when the next course would be running - it would have embarassed me and Steve :eek: :eek:

KieranK

agent 86 said:

Thanks Steve.

A86

It amazes us too!

Thanks again Steve for a fantastic night.

Informative and insightful, as usual.

asy :D

kierank said:
A86,

I understand (from the official counters :D :D ) that over 100 people turned up. It is great to see so many members and new people turn up each month.

I counted 104. :)

kierank said:
Even though I attended his course a couple of years ago and his BIG presentation in June 2003 (I think) at the Salisbury School KieranK
2/6/03 is right on the money.

But Steve and I have different views on what to do with rents.............. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

gekko_99 said:
As one of the 104 thankyou BIG for getting Navra in to speak :)

You are very welcome, we all enjoyed it.

However, the thanks should really go to Steve, who flew up from SYD just to speak to our group. And to his staff who gave up their evening to come along.

Whose the August meeting Guest

Hi Sunstone,

A Big shame, I couldn't make the last big meeting as I was working, so missed out on seeing steve. Who by the way is the guest for the August meeting.

Cheers

Dave.B. :) :)

daveb said:
Hi Sunstone,

A Big shame, I couldn't make the last big meeting as I was working, so missed out on seeing steve. Who by the way is the guest for the August meeting.

Cheers

Dave.B. :) :)

Next speaker is Scott McGeever, a Buyers agent. Will discuss what they do and how, etc.

Also the AGM!

asy said:
Next speaker is Scott McGeever, a Buyers agent. Will discuss what they do and how, etc.
Scott presented in Canberra quite some time back- he was very good.

That was mid boom- it would be interesting to see what his views were now.

agent 86 said:
Asy,

How long can we expect this to drag on for! :)

A86

SHouldn't be too long, at this stage most of the positions are uncontested, there should only be one or two votes, the pres and treas reports.

I'd say maybe 15-20 minutes of pain, if that. :eek:

Well worth it to listen to Scott, I'd say. :D

asy said:
SHouldn't be too long, at this stage most of the positions are uncontested, there should only be one or two votes, the pres and treas reports.

I'd say maybe 15-20 minutes of pain, if that. :eek:

Well worth it to listen to Scott, I'd say. :D

agent 86 said:
Asy,

Thanks.

Looks like i'll be running 20 mins late. :D

A86

Pissed myself laughing when I read this

regards

agent 86 said:
Asy,

Thanks.

Looks like i'll be running 20 mins late. :D

A86

You're welcome to be 20 minutes late.

Doors are closing at 7.30

We will not be letting latecomers in, as this disrupts the meeting.

Don't forget, the committee gives up a LOT of their time to make the club run. It IS a CLUB, not a BUSINESS. We dont' get anything out of it (not even free membership). What would you do if we all said, aah stuff it, I don't want to give up any more of my time?

Would you put YOUR hand up to run the club?

We give up our time to make the club a good working entity for ALL of us, I think the least you can do is turn up to hear the end of year reviews.

And no, I didn't think it was funny.

Last edited:
DaveB -Posts normally go out quickly. Reliant upon being able to get the official/semi-official topics..... after multiple requests............ Sometimes it's like extracting teeth.......... ;)

A86 -AGM is a requirement with the QLD Dept of Fair Trading incorporation rules. This will be our first AGM since inception and should in fact be a celebration of how far BIG has come. Also an alternative opportunity for members to give further input/have their concerns heard. (Separate to talking to the exec or responding to our feedback surveys.) I believe 15-20 minutes may prove to be ambitious but it should be a critical part of growing BIG. :)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

and I used something I've rarely used before, ie a round green face showing plenty of teeth (eg see on right when posting)

and I have only ever spoken positive of BIG and its committee.

A86

Back