BIG Cashflow game (Brissy)

Hi all,
B.I.G. had a great meet last Tuesday thanks to ASY, Kieran and Sunstone for their various efforts.

We decided at the meeting that a Cashflow game was just the thing to help people along in their search for financial independence. Soooo......

On Tues 20 May 7:30 at Salisbury Primary School, Lillian Ave, Salisbury we're on for CASHFLOW!

(Drive up lane on the right through the buildings onto the basketball court. When on the basketball court the library is located to the south west and up the stairs on the second level.)

This is an informal meet of the Brisbane Investing Group (BIG).

For any of you who haven't played this game before it is a great way to help you learn to manage cashflow as in many respects the game is a mirror of what happens in real life. Find out why the truck driver can often be out of the 'rat race' before the lawyer! :confused:

cheers,
DanielB

I haven't played the game before (hopefully, I won't be the only newbie there; if I am, I will have to beat the "oldies" all on own!!!) and am really looking forward to the night.

Miss V,

Anyone can turn up for the game. I understand that there is no need to bring anything. Obviously, if you have the game, it would be great to bring that along.

Asy/DanialB,

I know we didn't dicuss this at the BIG meeting but:

1. Are we going to provide coffee, tea and biscuits at the Cashflow night?

2. If yes, has anyone volunteered to get them?

3. Also, are we going to charge a token fee (say $1) to cover costs?

KieranK

Hi there

Could I suggest bringing a pencil, rubber and calculator............these items are very handy!!!

Also be prepared for a great learning experience!!!

Take care
Dave

Originally posted by kierank
I haven't played the game before (hopefully, I won't be the only newbie there; if I am, I will have to beat the "oldies" all on own!!!) and am really looking forward to the night.

Miss V,

Anyone can turn up for the game. I understand that there is no need to bring anything. Obviously, if you have the game, it would be great to bring that along.

Asy/DanialB,

I know we didn't dicuss this at the BIG meeting but:

1. Are we going to provide coffee, tea and biscuits at the Cashflow night?

2. If yes, has anyone volunteered to get them?

3. Also, are we going to charge a token fee (say $1) to cover costs?

KieranK

1: Yes...

2: not yet, are you volunteering? ;)

3: yes, usual gold coin jar for school/bikkies.

I CAN'T WAIT!! WOOOO

asy :D

Asy,

Me and my BIG (all pun intended!!) mouth. Next time I won't ask the questions. OK, I will get the bikkies but there won't any Tim Tams!!!

KieranK

Is that because of all the controversy happening at the moment with our Dicks Temptins??? I'll have Dicks any day but I hear the stores have all sold out.

See you all there, and yes do bring calculator, pencil and paper!!

Cheers Donna :D

Dear Donna,

Thoroughly agree. Temptims is the way to go.

Just picked up the last packet of Temptims from local supermarket. (Yep they need to allocate more space to the product. I can imagine how much Campbells is paying for shelf space.)

There are some Dick Smith products that should be supported on principle.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Thanks for the reminder Keiran!!

I am photocopying sheets for it, and I would have forgotten had you not bumped this!

asy :D

and the winner is...

...Andrew who got the janitor card but had accumulated an amazing $3M in around an hour! I have never seen such luck! Even young Stephan commented on him being "filthy rich"!

Thanks to ASY and SUNSTONE for bringing the games along. It was an enjoyable evening that was a learning experience for all.

Sorry you couldn't make it Kieran - hope you're on the mend.

There may be moves to have these games on a semi-regular basis...

cheers,
DanielB

Back