BIG jump in building insurance premium!

In October last year paid just on $600 for building insurance of $300K. Recently inquired from same company about building insurance for $300K on another property in neighbouring suburb and was quoted $762!
25% increase in less than six months. Apparently no mistake, just a big jump in insurance premiums. Checking internet quotes across a few websites, it seems to be one of the cheaper quotes. :eek:

Anyone else noticed a sudden increase in premiums?

Yep - our IP insurance went from $676 to $906 with AAMI building policy & tenant protection.

Lokking around on the net now & not coming up with much less thatn that so far.

Insidiously creeping up every year lately.... I'm sure insurance companies rely on our general apathy in not being bothered to do the rounds.... I know they're right in my case. I'd need a good week just to make the calls and compare all my insurance policies!

Insidiously creeping up every year lately.... I'm sure insurance companies rely on our general apathy in not being bothered to do the rounds.... I know they're right in my case. I'd need a good week just to make the calls and compare all my insurance policies!
Trouble is, they all seem to be hiking their premiums.

Regards
Marty

My AAMI cover just went up 27% and the girl at least said it was because of the run of claims recently re vic bushfires, qld cyclones, nsw floods.

Location also comes into it FYI as we have mutiple cover with them and it varies.

What matters more is when you claim and they pay out or not, as the case may be.

Peter

Back