Big upload 45 meg question

Sim,

Looking at uploading a useful mp3 file on real estate. Only catch is it's 45 meg. "Secrets to acquiring real estate". One hour audio tape.

What do you suggest? Can the upload limit be increased to allow this upload or should I break the file down into five different parts?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Sunstone

That file is available on Kazaa. If you want the file (and many others) just go to www.kazaa.com download the little program, do a search and you can download it at your leisure! I've just started downloading it and it will take me about 4 to 5 hrs!!!!

ps it is by Kiyosaki. There are hundereds of files available.

Originally posted by Sunstone
Looking at uploading a useful mp3 file on real estate. Only catch is it's 45 meg. "Secrets to acquiring real estate". One hour audio tape.

45 meg is way too large to upload.

I also question the legality ? Is it "public domain" - ie. freely distributable ? If so, can you paste a link to where it is available on the web for people to download if they are interested and have the bandwidth to do it ?

If it is "pirated" or copied from a tape somewhere - then we definitely do NOT want to have it uploaded here. There are laws that we must abide by.

What do you suggest? Can the upload limit be increased to allow this upload or should I break the file down into five different parts?

mmm.. since the upload limit for attachments is currently set to around 100kB, you would need around 450 uploads ! A little too difficult to manage me thinks.

Thanks for your efforts, but I think files of that size are a little too large to manage.

i was just downloading from kazza right now about the 45meg and it only took me a few mins to download
thats the easy bit
the question now is for SIM
how do i put it on the forum for everyone???
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dear guys,

Yep I know it is on www.kazaa.com that was where I got it from.

As for a direct file link. Well kazaa doesn't have this due to the nature of file sharing.

Is it a commercial product that has been pirated?

The reality is that there is not a single person who hasn't copied illegally a commercial program at some point in time in their life.

Originally I was coming from the "share with the community a great resource" point of view.

However I understand that this is still ultimately owned by the Somers and I respect your view on this.

Anyway again keep up the good work on this great site Sim.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Is it a commercial product that has been pirated?

The reality is that there is not a single person who hasn't copied illegally a commercial program at some point in time in their life.

Originally I was coming from the "share with the community a great resource" point of view.

However I understand that this is still ultimately owned by the Somers and I respect your view on this.

Hi Sunstone, I appreciate your desire to help out the community - that's the kind of spirit we like to foster here.

However, the cold hard realities are that this forum is owned by Somersoft (Jan and Ian's company) and they have decided that abiding by the laws of the country we live in (Australia) is the way they would like to exist.

If I allow you to post something knowing that it violates international copyright laws, then I am putting Somersoft, this community and myself at risk of lawsuit.

Please also note the text in the forum rules that you agreed to when registering:
"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

What you arrange yourself privately I have no control over and no problems with. However, in the interests of protecting this community I must insist that such things are kept off of our forum.

Thanks for your contributions and keep posting !

Originally posted by Jerry Maguire
the question now is for SIM
how do i put it on the forum for everyone???

Sorry Jerry, you don't.

As I explained earlier, it is too big to be uploaded to the forum, and it would also be breaking international copyright laws since it seems like it is an illegally copied audio tape.

Jerry, some of us are concerned about your quest to "clock your flyer points". This has led you to post a lot of meaningless stuff in threads.

You really need to ask yourself "are my comments adding value to this thread" ? If not, then don't post. Some of your posts have been excellent, but too many have been meaningless and a few have been quite offensive, attacking, inflammatory and mostly irrelevant. This is not acceptable.

To help cure you of this desire to be "the most post" guy, I have taken away your status for a while. Consider this a "sin bin" !

Note that I can also manually adjust your post count as well if I need to. You have been warned.

Originally posted by Sim
Hi Sunstone, I appreciate your desire to help out the community - that's the kind of spirit we like to foster here.

However, the cold hard realities are that this forum is owned by Somersoft (Jan and Ian's company) and they have decided that abiding by the laws of the country we live in (Australia) is the way they would like to exist. ......................

What you arrange yourself privately I have no control over and no problems with. However, in the interests of protecting this community I must insist that such things are kept off of our forum.

Thanks for your contributions and keep posting !

No prob's Sim. We're both on the right track.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back