• Failing to take action

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I have never failed at anything, I have just learnt from my experiences

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I am dead

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Dumb ancestors

My biggest regret is the lack of foresight my relatives had when selling their beach-front houses in Surfers Paradise :(

If only they had left me the titles in their wills then I would be typing this from The Seychelles. :D

Last edited:
More dumb ancestors

I've been told that my ancestors once owned the land beneath
the ANZ building at the top end of Collins Street in Melbourne.

Story goes that they moved on because the land wasn't suitable
for growing potatoes on.

Might be BS though.

andy

I'm a ninth generation Australian and my ancestors came over in the third fleet as a convict then settler. One of my ancestors used to own quite a significant amount of land in Balmain for farming but lost it gambling :mad: My nana had the map with his name on it....

Another one owned cotton plantations in the US and lost them gambling as well....

So if I had smart ancestors I could be writing this from the moon - the wonderful effects of compounding.....

BTW - I'm not into gambling at all :D

Ecogirl

More stupid ancestors (husbands - not mine)

Apparently my husbands great grandfather originally owned a large part of North Sydney, and he, too, lost it gambling.

Damn those relos.

Well about the 1820's a great great great uncle owned 1/2 a county in Wales. Again wine women and horses had a lot to do with him being surgically removed bit by bit from the estate. Selling it off in chunks to pay debt.

Now we all have but memories and determination to own as much land (wherever) as we can. So far, my sister and brother in law have 3 IP's, 2 nephews have one each, sister in law and husband have 7, best friend has 7, and now I help others for a living(buyers agent). Even my electronice boutique manager has one i set up. Just spreading the wealth.

DD1

I would say not having my (saved) funds/money work for me sooner, specifically not getting into property investing earlier than I did. But it feels like splitting hairs really, I am still living an incredible life, making my own choices, doing the things I love, building wealth, learning and having a lot of fun. Not dead yet.

I replied: Not failed, but learnt ... and some of those learning experiences were very very expensive! :eek:

What I have learnt has made me more determined to "just do it" - but they are now highly calculated, properly researched and no fear risks.

And hopefully I can pass the lessons on to the next generation.

I replied: Not failed, but learnt ... and some of those learning experiences were very very expensive! :eek:

What I have learnt has made me more determined to "just do it" - but they are now highly calculated, properly researched and no fear risks.

And hopefully I can pass the lessons on to the next generation.

I'm still going through that process.

I have made bad choices, but I have survived. And the more experience I get the better I get.

There is no failure. There are only opportunities that didn't work out.

Back