Bit of Fun

Reply: 3.1.1

I have 5 properties, purchased over the last 18 months. Valued (by bank) between $165K and $250K each. Total capital gain since purchase $177K. All positively geared. Having trouble finding a good buy for number 6 in the current market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 3.1.1.1

O.K. here I go as well and very proud of our achievements.
Started 2 years ago and now have 4 properties with value of 1,280,000 and loans of 850,000.
Its all figure work, and such a huge debt is nothing to be afraid of. Just keep learning as much as you can.
We are now working on our next project.

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1

Hi

I don't mind my name appear. I re-started (2nd time around) 12 months ago, I have settled on 5 and buying presently another 3.5
(yes .5 as I go half with my friends on one)
Majority is cashflow positive (without depreciation)and average increase is around 15% in value (some over 5 months only increased by as much).

Tibor

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1

Gee this is really depressing. Are we ever going to get there? We are still in the planning stage of our first one! Where to start? So much to learn....

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1

Yes, Lesley, you WILL get there. There's no reason for depression - you've already started - you're planning, aren't you? Just don't keep finding excuses / reasons not to buy this or not to do that. I know people who are STILL 'doing their research' after 18 months.
You can do it. You will do it. And it will work out great.
Don't give up.

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Thanks, Anon. As the saying goes
A journey of a million miles begins with the first step.
Lesley

Bit of Fun Family/ Lifestyle /Health

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

RIGHT: I will probably get some real baggings on this one !!!

What can I say?

I started investing @ 18 = 1978. By chance not from any advise. (Just a born capitalist I guess)

Since then I have had a lot of property all over the place. Some good investments. Some dogs. Some absolute shit investments. Purchased at the wrong time, (Boom Bust Cycles). Age and experience will hopefully allow me to see my former mistakes. And also allow me to educate my 2 yr olds as to what they must do to have a successful portfolio. Hopefully prior to starting kindergarten.

But basically I think that you can become TOO Greedy.

This can certainly effect your sleep patterns stress levels, blood pressure, lifestyle and cashflows.

Personally I do not at present hold massive amounts of property.(At times I have)

As previously mentioned I have off loaded a number of older properties as the boom has rolled out.

I am at a time in life (40+) {But still feeling like 21}, where I just want to be in a comfortable position.

You can hold 30+ properties and by the time you pay for constantly increasing land taxes, rates, water board costs,maintenance, other taxes, R/E management commissions, bank fees, etc, etc,etc.

You end up with income of someone on the dole. But not the layback lifestyle.

It may be great to be the person on the forum with the most properties and a 7 series BMW on lease or H.P.

But who really gives a Sh--!.

Lifestyle is what I believe it is about!!

Today I spent the day with my twins.
We checked out a development that we are doing @ 8.00am. Then headed into Wollongong and down to North Beach. (If you have ever been to this beach opposite the Novatel Motel you will appreciate the area.) We layed on the beach, played in the sand, checked out the chikki babes, had lunch at the take away beach front. Took a couple of calls from agents and builders; but basically layed back & said. This is living!~

All this while we watched 4 parachutists drop onto the beach .

OK . I could be getting up @ 6.am, working at my former employment, making more $$$. Doing more developments, and developing high risk stuff.

But I REALLY think that you have to balance what Success is to you?

Gee Cee

{The Old, Conservative, Mr Mum).

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2

RIGHT: I will probably get some real baggings on this one !!!

What can I say?

I started investing @ 18 = 1978. By chance not from any advise. (Just a born capitalist I guess)

Since then I have had a lot of property all over the place. Some good investments. Some dogs. Some absolute shit investments. Purchased at the wrong time, (Boom Bust Cycles). Age and experience will hopefully allow me to see my former mistakes. And also allow me to educate my 2 yr olds as to what they must do to have a successful portfolio. Hopefully prior to starting kindergarten.

But basically I think that you can become TOO Greedy.

This can certainly effect your sleep patterns stress levels, blood pressure, lifestyle and cashflows.

Personally I do not at present hold massive amounts of property.(At times I have)

As previously mentioned I have off loaded a number of older properties as the boom has rolled out.

I am at a time in life (40+) {But still feeling like 21}, where I just want to be in a comfortable position.

You can hold 30+ properties and by the time you pay for constantly increasing land taxes, rates, water board costs,maintenance, other taxes, R/E management commissions, bank fees, etc, etc,etc.

You end up with income of someone on the dole. But not the layback lifestyle.

It may be great to be the person on the forum with the most properties and a 7 series BMW on lease or H.P.

But who really gives a Sh--!.

Lifestyle is what I believe it is about!!

Today I spent the day with my twins.
We checked out a development that we are doing @ 8.00am. Then headed into Wollongong and down to North Beach. (If you have ever been to this beach opposite the Novatel Motel you will appreciate the area.) We layed on the beach, played in the sand, checked out the chikki babes, had lunch at the take away beach front. Took a couple of calls from agents and builders; but basically layed back & said. This is living!~

All this while we watched 4 parachutists drop onto the beach .

OK . I could be getting up @ 6.am, working at my former employment, making more $$$. Doing more developments, and developing high risk stuff.

But I REALLY think that you have to balance what Success is to you?

Gee Cee

{The Old, Conservative, Mr Mum).

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

Sounds like success to me Gee Cee......

.....I have a feeling the twins will probably agree in the future too....

Hmmmm......two 'conservative young farts' wandering around the streets of Wollongong in the near future checking out the occasional Real Estate window in between a swim at the beach. Will South Coast Real Estate ever be the same!

:)

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1

Gee Cee,
You are truly a success story. Most property investors dream of the flash car and huge house (how many of them actually attain either?). But you are a man/woman (sorry, can't tell from your name) who knows what's up. It's all about the freedom, isn't it? And that's what investing is to myself and my girlfriend. Freedom. Freedom to travel, freedom to go skating when it's a beautiful day, not go to work, freedom to pursue hobbies like photography and collecting those sought after rare punk/hardcore/metal rekkids I can't afford at the moment. Also, a big consideration for us is the freedom to spend time with our (future) children. For me personally, it's to be able to give my kids something I didn't have. A father. Congrats, Gee Cee I look forward to the day I can write a post to the forum like yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

P.S. For a conservative old fart you sure stay up late!

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

Hi Gee Cee

I would love your lifestyle !!, congratulations, i have had lunch at windjammers (at the novatel) and the view is to die for.

I was down your neck of the woods last weekend watching the latest landcom auction (the prices were going crazy)i think a lot of people panic buying.

If you don't mind me asking is your next development going to be a turn key development ? sorry if i am prying

regards Simon H
:)

Back