Blackberries

lukentel,

Definitely not stringing anyone along.
Not sure when the release date is but shouldn't be too far away.
When I know the month will post here in CL so you know where the inside information came from. Originally it was thought to be before Christmas 08 but got pushed back because of some fine tuning.

I received a Blackberry Storm for Xmas and I'm so happy with it! I've been playing with it every spare moment I get! You should check out a Storm.
Frank

I like something with an active screen, and a flip out qwerty board

HTC Imate Jas jam has been ok, but the browser is very slow compared to say an Iphone.

ta
rolf

I have an i-mate JasJam and capability wise it is still one of the best phones out there, despite being over 2 years old. The slide out keyboard is excellent, far better than a blackberry. It runs windows and has great email/internet capability.

Unfortunately, The touch screen is poor, very difficult to use and deteriorated with time (which turns me off getting a touch-only phone like the i-phone: very hard to text or dial one handed.) It is also very buggy, and has required multiple repairs which is a common outcome, I believe, probably why its no longer available.

Its a great shame because if they had just got this phone right, it would still be the best one out there. Great keyboard, huge screen. I really miss having a numeric keypad though.

Thought I'd dig this thread up....
I went with 3 and the BB Bold. So far no complaints.

Anyone got any good programs which dont come with it or tips?

Back