Blacktown granny flat built council development contribution

Hi,

Does anyone know how much the council contribution ( development contribute) is for a 2 bedroom granny flat in Blacktown council ?

Taylor

Hi,

Does anyone know how much the council contribution ( development contribute) is for a 2 bedroom granny flat in Blacktown council ?

Taylor

Currently (April 2013) its around $5,000.
Penrith Council caught wiff of it recently (December 2012) and just started charging it too:(

Bankstown dont charge it.

Ryde do..and it aint cheap...keeps changing as to which Council charges this ridiculous fee. Some charge dependingon on cost-of-works (under $100k in most cases) and some base it on the number of bedrooms etc.

Ive found a few ways to reduce/eliminate it in certain areas but Im not posting that here. Hell no!

Its always best to check with them. Call them thrice on 3 different days to be sure.

Hi Brazen,

Just brought an IP in blacktown area, wish to know some more about the granny flat approval details.

1,level land 576 sqm , main building appr 120~140 sqm
2, width 15m appr , depth about 15~16m appr
3, a big tree at the corner of back yard, (within appr 1.2X1.2m area from rear and right fence)
4, it seems sewage pipe is about 1~2m next to left fence,(according the a draft from agent)
5, drive way appr 4.4~4.6 m wide on left , 2.4 m space on right (with bedroom windows)

I would like to send the address to you if I can PM you.

Thanks

Hi Brazen,

Just brought an IP in blacktown area, wish to know some more about the granny flat approval details.

1,level land 576 sqm , main building appr 120~140 sqm
2, width 15m appr , depth about 15~16m appr
3, a big tree at the corner of back yard, (within appr 1.2X1.2m area from rear and right fence)
4, it seems sewage pipe is about 1~2m next to left fence,(according the a draft from agent)
5, drive way appr 4.4~4.6 m wide on left , 2.4 m space on right (with bedroom windows)

I would like to send the address to you if I can PM you.

Thanks

Hi Alex,

You can email it all to me: [email protected]
You can use the follwing Approval Guide which directly answers (in 10 steps) the questions you raised above: http://www.grannyflatapprovals.com.au/approval-guide

Please Note: Im going away for 6 days starting Thursday arvo to Thursday next week in case you miss me. You can leave a phone message or email and I'll call you when I get back.

Serge.

Last edited:
Back