Block of 4 units for $350,000 rent $800 - $900pw 12.5%+ yield.

Hey Nath, sounds like a great purchase, shame the link isn't working, i"d like to see the pictures. How much deposit do you usually need to put down for a block of units?

Great stuff Nathan, you are a legend.

With regards to your question, I am just browsing, havent bought anything lately.

Regards,

TV

Only 90% for a block of 4 units with a good return? Is that standard?

On a related note, how is the stamp duty calculated if you bought 4 units for say $100k each and they were strata with 90% loan? Is it stamp duty on $400k or stamp duty on 4x $100k units?

What have you guys been buying lately?

Nath.
Not me Nathan,it's not about money anymore it's all about time,but i sometimes wonder when you buy property scattering them all over the country you may well make them unkillable,but it seems to me a terrible way to make it all cost-effective?..

JennD
I would like more than the pictures, 12.5% yield is a big call.

Would like more info on location etc, is this regional ?? one horse town.

No disrespect to Nathan, but when one is posting this type of info if we do not get all the details/figures it really is meaningless.

MTR

JennD

No disrespect to Nathan, but when one is posting this type of info if we do not get all the details/figures it really is meaningless.

MTR
True.

Often the massive yields are required to cover the problems you invariably have with theses sorts of areas' tenant pool.

I too am curious.....in my humble opinion.....12.5% would be a troublesome areas in a regional town. Outside of probably Port Hedland....this would not be a good quality asset.

The other thing which needs to be considered is asset quality ...what is the point of buying only for yields if it is almost impossible to see later on?

Buying in outer suburban areas in large cities or larger diversified regional towns is one thing....but buying on small towns is separate issue. The game has changed significantly....people buying lower quality assets are going to be in for trouble when they try to cash in or get into trouble.

Nathan care to share the details.......as you are now running a business in sourcing propeprty transparency is paramount.

True.

Often the massive yields are required to cover the problems you invariably have with theses sorts of areas' tenant pool.

Fqir enough wanting to know more details (i wouldnt mind hearing them either) but the guy owns 72 properties, probably deserves the benefit of the doubt

No problems with that .......I recently learned from a friend that some who knows invested with a company (not Nathan's) who claimed he had over 100 properties. The work around the traps was that he as counting all the Joint Venture properties where he has a minor interest. Needless to say that person intiatially start with investing ....but then started making money via seminars. ...to the point...they stopped buying properties as the seminars were more profitable......food for though.

The word owned can be percieved in many ways.......

Frankly myself and quite a few long term seasoned investors....are so surprised lack of due diligence of some on the forum. There is no substitute for due diligence.

A case in point recently was the number of investors who followed a well spruiker into mining towns. In some of the areas rents have come off 40-50%.....I am sure that a few will have no option but to go bankrupt.

To be a successful investor people need a good mix of Financial quotient as well as Emotional and Intelligent quotient. Unfortunately...some on this forum have blinded by irrational exhurburence. The property game has changed significantly......the uninformed are going to get cleaned out.

Fqir enough wanting to know more details (i wouldnt mind hearing them either) but the guy owns 72 properties, probably deserves the benefit of the doubt

JennD

MTR

I don't know anything about Nathan's deal nor claim to, however, 12.5% deals are rare but out there,

I've found a few 11% deals in regional towns, some in one horse towns, some not so one horse towns, and that's without too much trouble. Sometimes I get agents call me and offer a block with 9.5 to 10% deal, however, they don't really fit into my personal investment strategy so don't usually pursue them

Back