Block shape - wide frontage, narrow rear

Hi
Do many of you developers stay away from trapezoid shaped blocks where the front is very wide (26m) and the rear is narrow (10m). Which such a wide primary frontage at R40 783sqm this means i must be setback 4m (from primary) and i will have a heap of open space that i cannot utilise. Are there any tricks to maximising a block in this shape or does anyone have any duplex (or pref triplex) designs they can post of a similar block?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 86
Maybe put driveway down Middle with a house on each side with garage behind and front courtyards like Aaron suggests. Then third house in the very rear.

Maybe put driveway down Middle with a house on each side with garage behind and front courtyards like Aaron suggests. Then third house in the very rear.

sweet. Thanks guys.

There is a 2.95m deep sewer running 0.9m from the back so if i use piles and build 0.6m away (1.5m from boundary) i will be okay. Im guessing 15k?

But there is a sewer inspection shaft 0.5 from east boundary so im guessing the courtyard goes there and not the garage. (or garage in front)

Attachments

• sewer.png
    sewer.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 83

how would you get the garage to work like that, for the rear lot?

i would do a pair side-by-side and then one to the rear.

sewer stuff like that - minor details in the grand scheme of things.

you're not going to get them much closer to the boundaries there, short of being off the lot entirely.

Back