Blog Topics

Hello all...

Well i have been given the lovely task of writting the blog for our realestate office. I have thought of doing it before but i must say it is a tad time consuming mainly because i need solid quiet time to sit and write posts that are logical and in the office i am constantly interupted by well.. by my job. Anyway head office is now putting pressure on all the offices to run blogs on the website....

Anyway so i have decided to spend some time stock piling some topics so i can just upload regularly. Obviously sometimes this wont be possible if i want to stay topical.. but i would appriciate any ideas on topics...

i already have stuff like simplfying the buying process, advice to tenants on filling in application forms, about buying or renting with pets, stuff for vendors about presentation, offers and selecting and agent...

I have also written a topic which i am not sure i should post - advice? it is basically a short meant to be comic relief piece about times our staff have walked in on naked people in properties. It is pretty clean and i find it funny... but not sure if i should put it up there or not.

anyway enough ramblings from me!

Anyway head office is now putting pressure on all the offices to run blogs on the website....

See, that's where it goes from fun to being a corporate chore.

Imagine if your job *required* you to make at least one constructive post on Somersoft daily! You'd hate it in no time.

Cheers,

The Y-man

i already have stuff like simplfying the buying process, advice to tenants on filling in application forms, about buying or renting with pets, stuff for vendors about presentation, offers and selecting and agent...

Something like presentation could be strung out to several columns. And it could branch out into low-cost value-adding. And to lessen work, maybe occasionally get an accountant or conveyancer to write a guest column, advertising their services.

Other topics could include:

* How to research and set rents
* How your agency screens tenants (for landlords)
* How to put in a good tenant application (for tenants)
* Researching finance
* Tax deductions for landlords
* How to reduce vacancies
* What do property managers do (again outsource to a pm in the office)
* How conveyancing works
* Quantity surveying
* Agent underquoting to buyers/over quoting to vendors
* Negotiating
* Why you can buy 2 IPs as easily as you can buy one PPOR
* Does buying an investment property cost less than a smoking habit/daily eating out/second car etc?
* The age pension assets test and home ownership - when to keep and when to sell
* How to research your first home
* Buying established vesus building (first home)
* House and land packages vs buying seperate
* Can you subdivide your property?
* What to look for when buying
* Basic building faults - what to look for
* Can an interior designer improve your home's appeal?
* Selecting a home for a disabled relative
* Bodies corporate and strata title
* Interpreting real estate statistics
* Real estate jargon explained

etc etc

I ramble on my own website occasionally, pretty much noone reads it. But it is interesting to read back over later. I've been rambling a lot today as I'm supposed to phone my ex and the concept of doing that freaks me out so I'd rather send a link to some ramblings than pick up the phone.

I have also written a topic which i am not sure i should post - advice? it is basically a short meant to be comic relief piece about times our staff have walked in on naked people in properties. It is pretty clean and i find it funny... but not sure if i should put it up there or not.
No. You'd be surprised what offends the prudes out there in Intarweb land. A RE site is expected to be boooooooring and dry.

But an entire blog dedicated to funnies - that's another matter! You could run two blogs, as long as they are separate but crosslinked ...

Thanks everyone for your responses. SPIDER MAN - gold.. thankyou so much.

Maybe i should make our office blog a humourous in total and see how head office like it then :) ...

Quite honestly if anyone reads the blog i will be suprised.

Back