bloody Zonealarm

Yes I had the same problem.

But I am also always on the Whirlpool forum, so found out the fix quickly.

Wonderful thing the internet ... When It Works...

Ah!, I wonder if that was my daughters problem too? She hasn't been able to get on the internet for a week but it was because IE closed down half way through loading as well as having to connect to the wireless network every time she booted up.

I 'fixed' it last night, but I found that all her IE shortcuts were for IE with addons - them being the AVG toolbar and the Zonealarm toolbar. I found one shortcut that was for IE with no addons that worked fine. The obvious answer to me at the time was that a toolbar was playing up so I've put the IE shortcut on the desktop and deleted the other IE shortcuts with the toolbars so they can't be used. I couldn't uninstall them as they weren't listed in the Add/Remove section. Plus I cleaned everything up with CCleaner which I think helped. Must get over there again and do the proper recommended fixes.

Being school holidays and my grandson having his cousin staying at the moment - they got the blame for 'stuffing up the computer' and have been banned from using the PC for a few days. Poor kids! :eek:

According to the link you've mentioned it was a Microsoft update that caused the problem. Doesn't that make it 'bloody Microsoft' and not 'bloody zonealarm'? :)

Olly

Last edited:
ZoneAlarm makes software compatible(?) with the operating system.
Just not as compatible as it could be.
Only ZoneAlarm fitted pcs had any issue. all other firewalls and all other software types passed straight through.

If you add something to your car that causes problems with the makers scheduled maintainence, is it Ford GMH Subaru or Mercedes's fault.
Motor manufacturers issue a set of recommendations for tyres fuel oil replacement parts servicing, not always the latest tech, or biggest bang
then it is up to the owner to ensure that what the owner does works with the vehicle.

It is always up to the owner to ensure that what the owners do works.

Back