Blow me down with a feather

Hang in there Mr. D.

Wonder if they are audited? Now there's another paper trail of smoke and mirrors.......

Cheers Player, can't do anything else other than hang in there. I'm confident we'll get to the other side, it's just wading thru this muck again after you thought you were safely on the beach hi and dry is a little uncomfortable.

As I mentioned previously, an internal audit team from the Bank performed a full blown audit on our file as we were new customers to the Bank. It took a while. In the dragnet, they ony found two things wrong and asked only two questions. Apparently they didn't have the Fire occupancy cert or the Council's official designation that the property was suitable to perform as an office. It's a huge big office block in downtown Sydney CBD FFS. Anyway, those two certs were round up and provided. Job done.

None of the audit boys obviously asked to see the title deeds, nor the stamped ToL doc, nor the registered mortgage. I must admit, I'm as bad as them, cos I didn't ask to see 'em either. Egg - face - one thereof.

Samantha Fox? :eek: You're showing our age! ;)

I knew some wise @$$ would pick me up on that when I wrote it. I paused for a sec but couldn't for the life of me think of anyone more modern. I bet the 23 yr old wet behind the ears bloke at the Bank was wet behind the nappy when said lady was in her prime.

No doubt they'd have a policy against that as well.....

couldn't for the life of me think of anyone more modern.

I can think of plenty :p.

Jokes aside, from this post and my last; I would echo Player's thoughts, above. The candid nature of this thread is golden and as I mentioned earlier, there is certainly a lesson in this. I must admit that I've not ever requested to actually view my trustee names on title, either. I have since sent a handful of emails this afternoon... just in case.

Thanks again, Dazz; 'preciated.

I agree with the others that it's insightful, and another reminder to be alert & aware when dealing with these folk.
I suspect that like most self employed professionals like Solicitors, Doctors, Dentists etc there is no one keeping statistics on their performance.
I sure have been for >20 yrs.
I always make note of who's dealing with who and what outcomes are.

The professional bodies are more about protecting their members than regulating them.
Including the RE ones who's spun BS is sometimes quoted here.
And you'll find that people in the same industry will rarely critisize peers (understandably).

I must admit, I'm as bad as them, cos I didn't ask to see 'em either. Egg - face - one thereof.
End of the day it is your responsibility regardless of who's fault it is.
I dont think it's only ppl in their 20's, there's plenty older ppl counting down years, mths, wks and days to their pension/long service payout.
.....yes well JGG, you've obviously picked up, along with a few others, that after all my years dealing with solicitors, I am still unable to discern and discriminate between what a "good" solicitor is and what a "not-so-good" solicitor is.
I just did'nt want to rub it in lol.

I had a Sydney solicitor cost me about eight grand in inappropriate land tax at settlement, that eventually they reimbursed me after some harsh words from my Melbourne solicitor who also recommendeed these clowns.
You'll find that people in the same industry will rarely critisize peers (understandably).
So even within the same industry care must be taken.

The problem with Dazz is he can be a rude, snarky, cantankerous old (*snigger* ... Samantha Fox ... *snigger*) git who can be sarcastic and just outright makes stuff up (wasn't he claiming to be some old lady on the pension in one thread?) and if you're relatively new and you only run into that kind of Dazz's posts instead of all the useful ones, you're going to think he's some kind of troll not a commercial investor worth millions.

Hi Dazz, thanks for sharing this. I cannot imagine myself being so calm about this in the same situation, I'd have run around swearing or already had a nervous breakdown. Even camping at the bank until they found the documents.

I am hoping really hard that they will find the documents ASAP and all will be well. And >,< at the lawyer immediately covering his own legal butt... sheesh. Call himself professional?

A good valuable lesson to all of us, and I will definitely remember to double-check everything in case others have slipped up.

Last edited:
MIST ALL CHUCKING FRIGHTY!

I've only just come across this thread.

WOW! what can one say that hasn't been said?!

sorry to hear! hope it gets sorted.

Dazz i wouldn't stress, it will be fine, bank have title and you have caveat, i can't see any risk. Believe it or not this happens all the time and it is the bank that is carrying the risk.

I have seen dozens of examples where the banks have handed over titles and forget to pay out the mortgage or do a top-up and don't pay out the initial borrowing. I have seen many many examples of accidental LVR's of 150%+.

There would also be many loans that are actually unsecured due to bank stuff ups, I have a couple of these myself, provides great leverage!

The problem with Dazz is he can be a rude, snarky, cantankerous old (*snigger* ... Samantha Fox ... *snigger*) git who can be sarcastic and just outright makes stuff up (wasn't he claiming to be some old lady on the pension in one thread?) and if you're relatively new and you only run into that kind of Dazz's posts instead of all the useful ones, you're going to think he's some kind of troll not a commercial investor worth millions.

What!! .....Never!! ;)

Your could infer from numerous posts then that he's a kaftan wearing,
snarky, cantankerous old git who can be sarcastic and just outright makes stuff up
- who rides a postie bike on good days and a harley on bad days

Ha Ha (mental image)

images

MIST ALL CHUCKING FRIGHTY!

I've only just come across this thread.

WOW! what can one say that hasn't been said?!

sorry to hear! hope it gets sorted.

I can't see all of what's been said though...the mod's have had a deletion party when i wasn't looking

PS:
Hope all is looking better this bright Tuesday morning Dazz

Still, by far the most likely scenario is that the docs are in their file and they'll get registered Monday AM by a banking clerk with sweaty palms...

Nope, that didn't happen....

Hard to imagine the mess that would result from no-one having the original signed transfer and mortgage docs for registration

Thank the Lord we don't need to go down that ugly path.

They just located all the documents in what they call their "security packages"....which are apparently the nice little neat bundles of papers they wrap up after registration at the Titles Office. Didn't know anything about this process.

Someone had been a very keen little beany and wrapped them all up nicely without registering a thing. No wurries, by-pass that step, it's very over-rated supposedly.

He said it'll take quite a while, don't expect us to rush down and register it straight away....but once it's done I'm assured of a phone call.

I've learnt my lesson, I said bugger the phone call, I wanna see copies of title deeds with our company name plastered all over the ownership section.....I'm not gonna be hoodwinked again.

Someone had been a very keen little beany and wrapped them all up nicely without registering a thing. No wurries, by-pass that step, it's very over-rated supposedly.
I wonder if that someone has been made aware that perhaps that step's not so unimportant? ;)

Glad to hear it's "well on its way" to being sorted.

It's obviously a relief that it is sorted out at least by knowing where the deeds are.

If failure by the mortgagee bank to register is getting to be common, maybe then it will become normal practice in NSW for a solicitor for the Purchaser to chase up registration of the transfer when a bank is involved.

phew - i was worried that the deeds had been placed in the wrong file, and considering there'd by hundreds of files, that they would never be found again ... i know what a pain it is when something gets filed wrong in my mere 18 erkine files!

great news dazz ... take a load off on the bike and let the wind rip thru your hair (assuming you have hair).

Have been madly googling & am humbly requesting a link (for Vic & Qld) on how I get a copy of my land/property title (possibly for $20 as someone here mentioned earlier).

QUOTE]

Can you take comfort that you have been receiving rates & water rates notices with your entity / name as owner?

SYD

Back