Blow me down with a feather

They just located all the documents in what they call their "security packages"....which are apparently the nice little neat bundles of papers they wrap up after registration at the Titles Office.

Ah, yes, the Security Packets!

I watch with interest when the Security Packets appear in the loan tracking systems

For refinances or other post-settlement dealings, these Security Packets can take a long time to retrieve from archives and sometimes they hold mysterious items and sometimes don't hold what it meant to be there

A customer of mine last year - their Security Packet was empty and the lender had to apply for replacement titles to be issued. Not happy, Jan!

Well, Dazz, all's well that ends well

Everything will (probably) be there in the Packet and life will go on

Just another day in the Life of Joe Egg!

cheers
Kristine

Have been madly googling & am humbly requesting a link (for Vic & Qld) on how I get a copy of my land/property title (possibly for $20 as someone here mentioned earlier).

QUOTE]

Can you take comfort that you have been receiving rates & water rates notices with your entity / name as owner?

SYD

I did think that may mean things were fine; didn't want to assume though :eek:

So can I take it that if I'm receiving all rates, everything's been registered properly?

:)

They just located all the documents in what they call their "security packages"....which are apparently the nice little neat bundles of papers they wrap up after registration at the Titles Office. Didn't know anything about this process.

Someone had been a very keen little beany and wrapped them all up nicely without registering a thing. No wurries, by-pass that step, it's very over-rated supposedly.
Hallelujah! :D PITA, but hallelujah anyway.

cheers

I just want people who are being paid to be and supposed to be acting for my best interests to actually put my interests in front of their own.

How do you hold people like that accountable ??

Just found the 8th error in my recently "completed" tax returns and am wondering the same thing... !

Done by junior accountant, "reviewed" by senior manager and then director... then back to me to tell them what numbers to put where.

Can you take comfort that you have been receiving rates & water rates notices with your entity / name as owner?
Mostly. Apparently it is the change of title that triggers change of ownership and address for rates/water/emergency services levy etc, so its a pretty good bet. Assuming they have your name and address right ...

We haven't been getting rates/water notices for one of our properties, so we popped into council (this is some months ago, not because of this thread) to see if it was all OK. Council had no record of the property, so they did a title search on both properties (our third is in another council) and gave us a copy, which was handy as yesterday the bank that has the mortgage on one of those properties rang and asked for the title and folio numbers for both. Uh, aren't you supposed to KNOW that?

Apparently 'they' (whoever 'they' is) just haven't got around to telling council and SA water about our property so we aren't getting water and rates notices, and probably won't until July next year :confused:

Mostly. Apparently it is the change of title that triggers change of ownership and address for rates/water/emergency services levy etc, so its a pretty good bet. Assuming they have your name and address right ...

Apparently 'they' (whoever 'they' is) just haven't got around to telling council and SA water about our property so we aren't getting water and rates notices, and probably won't until July next year :confused:

Hi RumpledElf,

Are you not worried that you will be up for late fees? Are the bills being sent to the old owners?

SYD

great news dazz ... take a load off on the bike and let the wind rip thru your hair (assuming you have hair).

LOL Lizzie

I'm used to having a little chuckle from Dazz's responses but its nice to see someone else with a sense of humor.

Dazz Well done on not letting this get you down too much. I would have been a bumbling mess. And thank you for sharing.

Regards

Cheers Lizzie,

Yeah took off on a ride yesterday, and today...it was good to get out there. Plenty of hair flying everywhere. Ask the Melbourne crew. They reckon I look more like Chubacca from Star Wars than anything else. (I didn't have my kaftan on that night, so they probably got the wrong impression).

Regrow, it only winds you up for a day or two....after that, you realise some incompetent nong has just royally stuffed up without even knowing it. It then becomes a process of elimination tracking down who that plonker is....and then riding his *** and his boss and boss' boss until the task is completed.

Hustled up boring administrative paperwork seems to be my lot in life as a property investor nowadays. It's easy and pleasant when you get to deal with principals of organisations. It's just a grind when you have to deal with some disinterested brain dead donkey who doesn't give a ****.

Called the Bank a few hours ago to check on progress....there is none on this front. They still haven't registered it. Apparently it's been escalated up the line....but it's all internal, so as a customer you can never be sure. I'd like to escalate something up their line to wake them up....but alas....they are in Sydney otherwise I'd pay them a little "hurry up" visit.

Par for the course. Expectations are really really low with this Big 4 Bank, and they are under-achieving...so that's nice.

Are you not worried that you will be up for late fees? Are the bills being sent to the old owners?
No, its a subdivision, so no prior owner ... there literally *are* no council rates and water bills, which is nice. Council hasn't been informed the block exists and the water mob have already billed us meter rental in advance until next July on the bill for the other half of the subdivision. Our name is on the title. I had to fill in a form about the land to Centrelink (yay assets tests) and actually managed to wriggle out of providing a rates notice.

Strange things happen in this property biz :confused:

but alas....they are in Sydney otherwise I'd pay them a little "hurry up" visit.
The places that look after that stuff are never advertised anywhere, dont have logos on the street and dont list their phone numbers and staff are instructed not to give out any detail under any circumstance, if they even know them.
It's like they dont exist. (maybe TF works in one of these)
It took a while to for me to find it. The logo was only visible inside.
They lost my title deeds (they were in Melb :confused:), used a different property for valuation, and took ages in releasing the deeds when the loan was paid in full.
Which is the only reason I found out their errors.
I should out them on a public forum for that...

An easy method of checking if your properties are indeed yours - for NSW anyway but I am sure there are other state equiv. , contact LPMA NSW and ask them for a summary of your land tax obligations, they seem to have a database with all your info on properties owned, and gladly hand it out, together with your land tax obligations.

This thread has been a real eye opener. I must admit I just presumed that the title registration/transfer was an automatic process at settlement. We have been fortunate that all of ours have occurred without a hitch.

Geez, .. I'm glad I wasn't the bloke on the other end of the phone when Dazz made the first phone call to the bank, .... :p ... I cringe just thinking about it.

Very pleased it all worked out Dazz.

Mystery

An easy method of checking if your properties are indeed yours - for NSW anyway but I am sure there are other state equiv. , contact LPMA NSW and ask them for a summary of your land tax obligations, they seem to have a database with all your info on properties owned, and gladly hand it out, together with your land tax obligations.

Or check your bank statements for when the "Land Titles Office Fee" is charged.

....another week has ticked by and still no movement at the Bank.

They have the docs, they have legs....but alas have not quite been able to co-ordinate both to go down to the Titles Office as yet.

I swear, there are many reasons why they are working there and not competent business people.

I'm also sweating on mortgage docs for another deal...with the same folks who did this (they may be thick as a brick, but they are the only ones who have any money and will support me, so can't be too harsh) and they are about 2 weeks late. We had plenty of time, but they've fluffed about as usual and it's now tight as.

Docs were supposed to be sent to me two weeks ago, but they finally assured me yesterday that they had posted them via express post yesterday. I waited all day in anticipation of the parcel.

Got an email late this afternoon from them to apologise that they had addressed the package "incorrectly" and it had just arrived back at their desk. They had inadvertently written the Sender's details in the address on the front of the package and so it just did a big loop straight back to them.

I swear, you couldn't anticipate this stuff if you tried....

So we wait some more.....

sheesh - the moments were you are forced to 'do nothing' are the most frustrating.

i don't know whether it's because i'm is not on control - or the incompetency of others - that peeves me off most when having to deal with "professionals". i really feel frustrated for you dazz.

....another week has ticked by and still no resolution.

They actually took the paperwork down to the Titles office in Sydney and the Chief Examiner picked 'em up over 7 words in section J of the Transfer. Hmmm.

NAB Banker scratches his head and does a turn-a-round.

Calls up my solicitor and says can you get rid of those 7 words "the common seal of which was affixed".....

No worries, another 2 days pass.

Bank has the documentation, so solicitor writes and signs an official note authorising the Bank to put a line through those 7 words.

Banker comes back and says their legal department won't let them put the line thru the words. He has to do it. WTF.

Two more days pass and I haven't heard from either of them. I don't want to know anymore.

I told 'em both, "It's now been 9 months since settlement. I'm not interested in your shenanigans. The only thing I want to see is my company's name in the Registered Proprietor box on the title deed. Anything else, I don't wanna know."

I think they've both got the message I'm slightly over their BS.

Seriously, you couldn't write this stuff into a comedy routine...no-one would think it plausible.

Got an email late this afternoon from them to apologise that they had addressed the package "incorrectly" and it had just arrived back at their desk. They had inadvertently written the Sender's details in the address on the front of the package and so it just did a big loop straight back to them.

I swear, you couldn't anticipate this stuff if you tried....

So we wait some more.....

This happened with our last purchase too.
Good to know it is not only us.
Lawyer's office was sending documents for the Vendors to sign off, who are American and live in USA

Back