Blue chip suburb in Sydney

Hi,
I live in Melbourne, I have some questions about Sydney

(1) Where are the blue chip suburbs in Sydney ? Such as Melbourne's South Yara, ARMADALE, Malvern, Prahan, Toorak, Elwood, St Kilda ? Is anywhere I can find some guide ?

(2) I realize that Sydney's property price had been flat or even drop for about 5 years before 2009, can anyone explain the reason. Thanks
David

the North Shore... St Ives, Wahroonga, Castlecrag, Kirribilli, Mosman etc, and the Eastern sububs... Point Piper, Vaucluse, Rose Bay.

Pen

Can anyone explain? How long is a piece of string?

Councils, DA's, Funding, Land Shortages, Congestion all have a place.

Australia as a whole was pretty flat for those years. The only real boom was going off in WA. Little pockets of growth all over but speaking generally- the peak of the cycle Aus wide was 2003.

NSW is long overdue.

Northern beaches and Northern Suburbs will always shoot the Capital Growth.

The suburbs above are similar to your Melbourne ones, although Vaucluse is getting up there. You should give us a price range.

Various reasons for Sydney being stagnant - it had just come off a very big boom 1999 - 2003, rental yields were low and slowly catching up with the price increases, interest rates were high.

Australia as a whole was pretty flat for those years. The only real boom was going off in WA. Little pockets of growth all over but speaking generally- the peak of the cycle Aus wide was 2003.

I disagree. Brisbane, Adelaide and Darwin had good to very good growth in those years. I think Sydney was the only stagnant / low growth market in that period, but there was still consistent growth in pockets such as the inner west.

Thanks

The suburbs above are similar to your Melbourne ones, although Vaucluse is getting up there. You should give us a price range.

I probably looking for somewhere between 500k to 600K ? But also will considering inner west. Can anyone tell the good BA in Sydney ? thanks again.
David

Thanks

I probably looking for somewhere between 500k to 600K ? But also will considering inner west. Can anyone tell the good BA in Sydney ? thanks again.
David

You haven't mentioned whether you're looking for a house or an apartment. Your budget will not get a house in any of the lower north shore / upper north shore / eastern suburbs mentioned earlier, and will only get a 2 bedroom terrace in the lower end of the inner west. If you're talking apartments, you should be able to buy in most parts of the inner west for that money.

Blue chip suburbs in Sydney for buying property.

Hi,
I live in Melbourne, I have some questions about Sydney

(1) Where are the blue chip suburbs in Sydney ? Such as Melbourne's South Yara, ARMADALE, Malvern, Prahan, Toorak, Elwood, St Kilda ? Is anywhere I can find some guide ?

(2) I realize that Sydney's property price had been flat or even drop for about 5 years before 2009, can anyone explain the reason. Thanks
David

Hi,

1) Vaucluse, Double Bay, Rose Bay, Bellevue Hill, Ben Buckler, Bronte, Clovelly, Darling Point, Edgecliff, Elizabeth Bay, Potts Point, Queens Park, Rushcutters Bay...the list goes on, predominently in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Although similar is Lower North Shore like Mosman, Neutral Bay, Cremorne etc..depends on price and asset type where you would go.

2) Generally our research has shown an oversupply of housing about 5-7 years ago, other areas and states showed lower / better bang for buck on median price ranges, but that has started to turn over the last year with the supply of housing diminishing and demand easily noticable on the increase.

Hope this helps.
:)
Good luck on your property search!

Back