Bob Anderson, Billion Dollar Developers Coaching Program????

Has anyone got any advice on Bob Anderson's Billion Dollar Developers Coaching Program, that has been just released??
To be honest, it is not as much compared to other programs out there.

I understand he is based in Queensland. Would it be useful for a beginner in Melbourne?

You read of many experts such as Steve McKnight, Michael Yardney, Dymphna Boholt, Jan Somers, etc each with their ideal program. Each have have positives, as well as negative feedback experiences from 'students'.

Can anyone suggest why this is a worthwhile investment as compared to the others? or even worth considering at all??

Part of his sales pitch is that we 'walks the talk' and currently has $100M under development right now, or some similar crazy figure.

I have to say I'm interested too.

Surely all of this information will work it's way into a $30 book, if it isn't there already.

If it doesn't though, something like this is probably not a bad way to go. I wonder how what he teaches compares to Yardneys material, which seems to me the only other solid contender for education on developments (happy to be corrected on this).

From their site

Who am I to make such claims?
Bob Andersen
Billion Dollar Property Developer

My name is Bob Andersen and for over 30 years I've been a hands-on property developer.

First working for major property corporations and then for myself with my own company.

Over that time I've completed over $1,000,000,000…that's ONE BILLION dollars…worth of projects.

And right now…even in the face of some of the most difficult economic conditions in recent years…I have well over $100 MILLION worth of projects in progress.

I've written a book about property development and Australian Property Investor Magazine selected me as their resident property development expert.

I helped structure the most successful series ever published in API Magazine called the "Small Development Guide" and was quoted extensively throughout

I mention all this not to brag but simply to demonstrate that I know what I'm talking about

His website actually states:
"I’ve been involved in over one billion dollars worth of successful"

So it's not "had done" or "has" or "owned".
It's a typical sales line of "involved in".
So what does "involved" actually mean?

His free report/salespitch says you should ask a mentor for a list.
So I'm asking:
What is the list of properties, and what is his exact involvement & ownership?

Anybody has done Rob Anderson's program and thinks it's worth doing?

I have been to his free seminar last night in Brisbane.He talked about several projects and his students' ones happening in QLD. At the end of the seminar, of course, the coaching program was promoted.
Has anybody in real life is doing or has done his program and would like to share your comments here?
Many thanks in advance.

If you need to pay lots of money to hear a development manager speak then property developing isn't for you.

programs like these whether they be on development or renovation or great motivators, and the good ones also package up the information so they are easy to use and digest.

A lot of areas of property investment are quite foreboding and seem very complex to get into, but when they are broken down into the basic steps are actually do-able.

I havent been to this particular seminar but have been to others (including development seminars) and have got lots of useful information and advice from each of them.

If you need to pay lots of money to hear a development manager speak then property developing isn't for you.

I know I must sound dummy :) Could you please give me some advice on learning without paying much? Do you think reading books will help? If so, any recommendation? Many thanks.

programs like these whether they be on development or renovation or great motivators, and the good ones also package up the information so they are easy to use and digest.

A lot of areas of property investment are quite foreboding and seem very complex to get into, but when they are broken down into the basic steps are actually do-able.

I havent been to this particular seminar but have been to others (including development seminars) and have got lots of useful information and advice from each of them.

Thanks for your reply and much appreciated. I would like to start with something practical for development. Any recommendation or suggestion? Which seminar do you think worth attending? :)

Property Development

If you are interested in property development I recommend:
1. Read lots of posts in Somersoft on development.
2. Read as many books on development you can (some are good others not) - check your local library 1st. Aust focus is a good start.
3. Subscribe to API / YIP magazines & read it regularly.
4. Think about what sort of development you would ultimately like to get into. The choice here is A) develop to sell or B) develop to hold. Then you have Residential, Commercial, and Industrial within that. Within that you have "how big??? (Reno - multi unit development).
5. Looking at current developments in your interest area to see what’s going on.
6. Looking for a couple of small (resi) developments near where you live that have been completed in the past 2 years & do some online research into them (purchase cost, build cost, development time, sale price).
7. Start looking (online & in the field) at areas that have a "demand" or "need" for your area of interest. Development is about meeting a specific need at the right price.
8. You need to understand your appetite for risk; what are you prepared to take on & how much skin in the game.
9. If you don’t have all the skills or capital then partnering can work well if you choose the "right" partner.
10. First time round I'd go for something small like a reno that requires a Development Application. A well selected project home can also be a good start & so is a small subdivision.
11. Look at lots & lots of properties before you buy. Lot of the profit is made when you buy.
12. Do a thorough feasibility (not buy+build-sell=profit).

Things not to do:
1. Ask developers if you can be their apprentice; if they are going to hire someone they usually want a specific expert.
2. Do expensive Development Programs; successful developers are usually too busy developing rather than providing educational services.
3. Seek advice from family, friends & others that are 1) not into real estate or development and or 2) have not go a track record in development.

Finally dream big, make a plan, keep focused on your plan & take lots of action.

I know I must sound dummy :) Could you please give me some advice on learning without paying much? Do you think reading books will help? If so, any recommendation? Many thanks.

The things to keep in mind are whether or not you can actually achieve the desired outcome!

Local council controls, DCPs, LEPs and the like are the best place to start.

Know that costs will blow out. There will be delays and you need to be able to manage the costs associated with this.

I don't agree with the whole learning from buying information from others. Instead, look at sites, look at the controls of a particular site and then see what the cost will be.

I used to deal with people who thought it would be a walk in the park - buy block of land, build townhouses in 6 months, make a lot of money. Now I take a no bull approach and tell people up front what they need to be considering.

I went and saw Bobs 2 hour seminar tonight.

I was pretty impressed with the course and have signed up, splitting the costs with 2 business partners, making it $1330 each.

I have 3 development projects currently underway, with around $2 million profit lined up. For me to make back the $1300 investment will only take some tiny improvement in any of the developments.

Will let you know what I think once I have done the course.

Cheers,
Matt

I went and saw Bobs 2 hour seminar tonight.

I was pretty impressed with the course and have signed up, splitting the costs with 2 business partners, making it $1330 each.

I have 3 development projects currently underway, with around $2 million profit lined up. For me to make back the $1300 investment will only take some tiny improvement in any of the developments.

Will let you know what I think once I have done the course.

Cheers,
Matt

Please keep us updated on the advice offered and results achieved.

If you already have 3 developments lined up worth 2 million profit then you probably didn't need the course. Is it one of those options/put/call deed arrangements?

Please keep us updated on the advice offered and results achieved.

If you already have 3 developments lined up worth 2 million profit then you probably didn't need the course. Is it one of those options/put/call deed arrangements?

No, we own the properties outright. I have 2 JV deals with money partners and one on my own. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything and can certainly gain more knowledge to assist me as I continue developing. The finer details can make all the difference in a deal, maybe realise from doing a course how to add an extra townhouse or unit, or increase sale price/decrease costs by $5k per unit, really doesn't take much to get a significant payback on a small outlay.

I also have no experience in land subdivision and would like to understand these deals better.

Why bother with the billionaire coaching program. I am offering a trillion dollar coaching program. It's quite easy really.

1. Enter into loans with foreign companies that they will never be able to repay
2. Ask government for bailouts when loans go bad or potentially go bad.
3. When government money comes in pay yourself billions in bonuses.

Money truly is crazy these days. Work as a senior exec for a bank and you can fleece the public. Why bother working hard doing a development and potentially no profit when things could be soo much easier.

I was in the cigar bar in the Philippines the other day when a Qatari banker spent $5k USD on cigars for his entourage for the night before visiting the girly bars. The comment made to his team "think we might need to increase production by a few more barrels after tonight". Some people have no concept of the value of money and nor do they need to.

I have been to his free seminar last night in Brisbane.He talked about several projects and his students' ones happening in QLD. At the end of the seminar, of course, the coaching program was promoted.
Has anybody in real life is doing or has done his program and would like to share your comments here?
Many thanks in advance.
Do you have a link too this Mans site i just can't find anything on Billion-Dolllar-Bob,but i have been going to the same Barber for 20 years he is a master with the scissors always the same,only the priced has changed try and find someone in Guru game that has stood the test of time,
Are his students projects in Brisbane..

Do you have a link too this Mans site i just can't find anything on Billion-Dolllar-Bob,but i have been going to the same Barber for 20 years he is a master with the scissors always the same,only the priced has changed try and find someone in Guru game that has stood the test of time,
Are his students projects in Brisbane..

They are in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. He advised in yesterday's seminar that he is setting up complete teams of people he trusts, (lawyers, surveyors, accountants, town planners etc) in each location.

The packs he provides detail the various development structures available, including those that limit the cost of entry (i.e .money partners, partner with the land owner etc) and includes word doc versions of each contract type for all of the structures, that you can pass onto your own lawyer to amend where required, rather than starting from scratch.

Here is a link to the site http://knowledgesource.com.au/bob/

Back