Book List

Dear Everyone,
I am a first time user to this forum or any forum for that matter and was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions on helpful reading material. I have read Jan Somers ( of course) and API, RDPD but am wondering what else you suggest. Also, any other internet sites. Please full words as I am very new to the computer and do not even understand what all the smiley faces mean! Call me babe in the woods. Also, does anyone know of a good conveyancer in Canberra?

Emma

Emma,

Welcome to our family.

On books- I'd suggest "The Richest Man in Babylon" for some real fundamentals in investing (generally). You can get it for about $15.

I've used Jan McNutt in Weston (Cooleman Court) for a conveyance and found her to be quite competent.

I did use another conveyancer for a previous property (no names). But they did not ask for the rent which was paid in advance for one month two days before settlement (different PM to the one I used). Whoeever you do use, just make sure that's covered. (To be fair to the conveyancer, they absorbed that cost).

"The Wealthy Barber" is pretty good, it's almost a
"Richest Man in Babylon" for the 90's.

The author is a Canadian but you should be
able to find an Australian edition out there
somewhere, I have it so it does exist.

andy

Hi Emma,
A couple of books that I would suggest everyone read are the classics, Think And Grow Rich( by Napolean Hill) and How to Win Friends And Influence People( by Dale Carnegie). Also Monique Wakelin's book Streets Ahead is good if your planning -ve gear(negative gear). Books by John Burley and Anita Bell(that'll draw the critisms)can also be of use.

bye

I've used Jan McNutt too (based on GEoff's referral). Had no problems (at long last)/.

Geoff, you hsould talk with Jan about getting a discount for all the refferals you're giving out!

Jas

Hi Emma, I have a number of IPs and my tax agent said for me to keep receipts of all investment education purchases (even the Monopoly game) as she lists them into a depreciable library for my tax.
Cheers Brenda;)

Back