book printers

Can anyone recommend a book printer? I need about 500 copies of one of my books printed - 200 pages, 6x9 book. There is an Australian company called ligare which was recommended to me by a friend. However I have put a quote request in through their website 3 times and they have not gotten back to me. I need another reliable company. Overseas is fine if it comes with a recommendation.

This is for printing only - not publishing (I already have publishing sorted).

thanks X

Previously I went through a publishing company and had an assigned "publishing manager" who did everything for me. She got quotes and got printing done through her company and sent me a bunch of books for "I think" it was around $14 each???? Can't remember exactly.

The cost for the publishing company was around $1500 and it included a lot of non optional extras that I did not need, bookmarks, banners, posters, websites, cover design (I hated the cover and got someone to redo it) and lots and lots of follow up phone calls to see what else I needed - unwanted interruptions.

This time total cost has been $149 as I know what I want and just targeting those things that I need. It's with a print on demand company - and with amazon and kindle etc... all outsourced to elance for $149.

Now I just need physical books - not through the print on demand option as it is not cost effective x 500. Just looking for a company that will take a PDF and cover design and run it through a printer and deliver 500 books.

Ligare would do it but they are non responsive at the moment.

Hi Xenia,

I work in a procurement role for one of the Big 4 banks and print buying is one of the things I do on a day to day basis.

I have access to supply partners here in Australia and overseas so may be able to give you some contacts.

If you'd like to PM me with specifications - colour/black&white, paper weight/type, binding, delivery instructions, how the file will be supplied and what proofing you require then I can go about working out the right fit for you.

SWS

Back