Books about people

Hi,

I've taken a good deal of interest in reading people lately (ie. looking at their expressions and working out their attitudes, personalities, etc). I recently read a book about a cop who shot a guy for no reason - until they found a mini flamethrower in the guy's coat (and the cop had apparently realised the maniac was about to fry his car and him).

Does anyone have any recommendations for books about reading people? Or any exercises that could help in doing this?

Thanks,
Luc.

Lucas,

Look up 'Body Language' by Allan Pease.

It's getting a bit old now, but is still an excellent book - easy to read, plenty of info & written for Australian audiences.

Most good libraries should have a copy.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

As a follow up to aceyducey there was also a "body language" video or tv series by alan pease. He outlines the small quirks that all people have, and it's done in a humourous and entertaining way (it's not a boring doco). for example he talks about when guys pull their guts in, when a young woman walks past them, among other changes like increased heart rate, sweating etc

You should be able to find it on the web (kazaa or similar, or maybe some online shoppig network) and if that fails possibly in your library.

cheers keg75

Aceyducey said:
Lucas,

Look up 'Body Language' by Allan Pease.

It's getting a bit old now, but is still an excellent book - easy to read, plenty of info & written for Australian audiences.
Rick Otton (of wrapper fame) claims that he was the model for the drawings in the early editions.

I'm currently re-reading "Talk Language" by allan Pease, and certainly Richard Otton is listed in the acknowledgements in the front.
And also one of the hand drawn pictures (on the page Rick suggested) is definitely Rick!

Lissy said:
I'm currently re-reading "Talk Language" by allan Pease, and certainly Richard Otton is listed in the acknowledgements in the front.
And also one of the hand drawn pictures (on the page Rick suggested) is definitely Rick!

Small world !!!
I did not know one of Rick's talents was as a male model (cartoon)

Simon H

:)

Thanks, I'll take a look at those books. I've just got Alan's book, but I can't seem to find the video (which probably makes the topic easier to understand). Does anyone knoww hat the video series is called?

Thanks
Luc.

Back