Books to Read

W

WebBoard

Howdy,

I'm just starting to get into investment properties, so I'm reading as much as I can. I have read Jan Somers books and found them very educational. I'm looking for other books and resources. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Some other books to read are ones that help to get your thinking right so that you don't succumb to analysis paralysis. There's no point knowing everything about investing in real estate if you never do anything with it.

Some books that have nothing to do with real estate but about prosperity thinking are

Escape to Prosperity by Wes Beavis
Who Moved my Cheese by (can't remember)
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and
The Magic of Thinking Big

I've found these books to help with getting rid of average thinking that pervades everyday life.

Kevin

Reply: 1.1

I would subscribe wholeheartedly to the books Kevin mentioned, and would add more, such as:
You can do it, by Paul Hanna (which I have just finished reading. Excellent book!)
and Robert Kiyosaki's books (Rich Dad Poor Dad, and Cashflow Quadrant)

On the topic of investing in property, books that I have found useful as a newbie were (in addition to Jan Somers books):
Understanding Investment Property, by Nick Renton,
Seven Steps to Wealth, by John Fitzgerald,
Real Estate Mistakes, by Neil Jenman
Australian Landlord's Handbook, by Suzi Bilosh

One book that I have been trying to find, and which was mentioned on the old forum is:
Investing in Real Estate on a Budget, by Alan J Falkson

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi,

Lets ad some of my favorites;

Story by Story by Jan Somers (great outside the square property deals)

Penguin Books Home Buyers Guide - a great little book with a no-nonsense break down of costs you will incur with property (I used it to put together a spreadsheet)

Nothing Down in the Ninties by Robert Allen (a another good what if book for different ways at looking at property)

Anything by Dolf DeRoos (a NZ investor who deals with 2nd hand property, great ideas for what can be done to boost yields)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Michael

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Some of my other favorites apart from the above mentioned ones are:

The Ten Golden Rules of Property by Geoff Doidge

How to Build Riches by Bruce Davis

Residential Real Estate Made Easy by Carmel Dwyer.

Always remember the thirst for knowledge is your greatest asset. The more you read and learn, the more comfortable you become as you gain the ability to make intelligent, well informed decisions,and the easier it becomes to step outside your previous comfort zone.

It is always beneficial to learn from the experiences of others, both through books and also through such things as this great forum.

Reply: 2

Hi,

A couple of others .. not specifically IP, but worth considering:

The Greatest Secret In The World - Og Mandino

Principles of NLP - O'Connor & McDermott

Cheers,

Curious Onlooker

Back