Boondall, Nudgee Brisbane?

I am a newbie, looking at Boondall, Nudgee and surrounding area.
It is convenient, close to City and Airport.
Can people provide you view on this area?

Thanks,

Freddy

Those suburbs do have good access to the Gateway Arterial which gets you north and south of Brisbane plus to the domestic and international airport but a lot more thought would be needed before a decision was made to invest there.

I am a newbie, looking at Boondall, Nudgee and surrounding area.
It is convenient, close to City and Airport.
Can people provide you view on this area?

Thanks,

Freddy

First off welcome to SS, this being your first post.

What and where to buy is dependent upon your chosen investment strategy.

So what are you looking for the property in these areas to do for you and over what time?

You see property is merely the vehicle. Your strategy is how you intend driving that vehicle.

Unfortunately the mistake I see newbies and sometimes not so newbies is that they are property focused instead of strategy focused which is like putting the cart before the horse.

Property investing is not about property rather about the strategy and the way you intend to use the vehicle to get to where you are wanting to go. No good buying a small shopping car if you intend driving interstate on a family holiday.

What strategy/s are best for you is determined by where you are wanting to go, the time frame you want to get there in and how hands on along the way you want to be - all based around your personal risk profile.

What are you looking to ultimately achieve buy purchasing and what is your chosen investment strategy for attaining it?

I hope this provides some food for thought.

This is an area that I'm looking at after recently purchasing an IP here and my sister is doing the same.

Benefits of Boondall (and surrounding suburbs are as follows):

1) Good commercial infrastructure/employment nodes in surrounding suburbs (e.g., Brisbane Airport, Westfield Chermside, Eagle Farm + NBN between Aspley to Airport). Brisbane Airport is predicted to be a major employment node in Brisbane esp. re: forecasts for the next 5-8 years.

2) Good access transport-wise (e.g., good direct access to rail (Shorncliffe and Caboolture lines - Boondall/Geebung/Zillmere); bus interchange at Westfield Chermisde) + Gateway Arterial as previously mentioned

3) Good prospects for Capital Gains (+ within the 10-15km ring of Brisbane CBD) given growth of neighbouring suburbs

Just my musings for your interest

Any particular street, area to avoid

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replies.

Is there particular street or area to avoid in Boondall or Nudgee, or surrounding area? Say for instance housing commission area, flood area, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Freddy

Back