borrowing $30k at 10% for 10 months

The fact that this one went $45K over what you thought is an indication of the strength of the market there in Newy.

i know newy is very strong atm ... but i will wait purely for cash reasons.

the reserve was around the figure i was prepared to pay - and bidding went strong up to my limit ... then petered into two bidders with $1k and $500 lots until it reached it's final price. man, went for ages! so, to me, it showed that the serious contenders were thinking same dollar value as myself.

regardless - am happy today

i have enough for deposit, but it is tied up in shares atm. i can liquidate, but would rather not as i would then be confirming my losses (still down 20% from purchase price).

i will be cashed up again at the end of the calendar year and can then pay out this loan ... but in the meantime i am prepared to pay up to 10% flat, as i consider the expense of $3k in interest very worthwhile "if" i can get this property at the right price.

I know this is a bit after the fact, but are you assuming then that your shares will go up 10% in 10 months as an almost absolute certainty?

Cheers,

The Y-man

I know this is a bit after the fact, but are you assuming then that your shares will go up 10% in 10 months as an almost absolute certainty?

Cheers,

The Y-man

It doesn't need to.

She is paying to use someone else's money. $3K is not much in the scheme of buying an IP.

Back