Bosch Vs Smeg vs Miele

I would always buy Asko in both washing machine and dishwasher.

My parents had a Bosch which didn't dry the dishes. Was replaced with another Bosch, which is no better.

Friend has a Miele, which she says doesn't dry the dishes.

My first dishwasher was a Smeg and it was pretty ordinary.

In my own kitchen I have Asko. It is a fantastic machine, washes well, dries well and is quiet. Our TV area is part of the kitchen/eating/living area and we don't hear it.

I replaced my Asko washing machine with a Bosch and I wish I had stuck with Asko. Next one will be Asko.

My Bosch fridge is ordinary. Never really liked it. The Miele washer/cooktop/vacuum are everything I expected. My microwave that is a cheap Smeg is crap.

I had an Ilve upright flashy cooktop in an IP and needed to replace a knob... sheezzz what a debacle! waiting several months for a replacement out of Europe. Unfortunately with anything Euro made, if she breaks, phone your bank manager!

aside from that if you want superior quality Miele are it IMO and definitely don't look past the induction, it's the bees knees!

as for the Gen Y's.... do they even know how to cook or do their own laundry? I mean, seriously... c'mon?!

I would always buy Asko in both washing machine and dishwasher.

My parents had a Bosch which didn't dry the dishes. Was replaced with another Bosch, which is no better.

Friend has a Miele, which she says doesn't dry the dishes.

My first dishwasher was a Smeg and it was pretty ordinary.

In my own kitchen I have Asko. It is a fantastic machine, washes well, dries well and is quiet. Our TV area is part of the kitchen/eating/living area and we don't hear it.

I replaced my Asko washing machine with a Bosch and I wish I had stuck with Asko. Next one will be Asko.

Wylie,
I've found the biggest complaint with dishes not drying is usually due to the absence of rinse aid.
Most people who've had dishwashers for years are used to the older brands which either had hot water plumbed in or "super heated" the water leaving the dishes hot enough to dry.
Newer dishwashers now don't seem to do either as they all want the best energy start rating which means rinse aid is mandatory.

As for Asko, during my research I found the older models were good however they have recently started to outsource manufacturing of some models to the middle east so quality has started to decline.

To the OP.
Having said all that though it seems Meile seems to have the best rating (well on this thread anyway) so maybe spend the extra and go for that!

B.D

dont forget

- Why can I not get the payrise I deserve, ive been here for 8 months and have worked very hard!
- What do you mean I cant land a job straight out of uni on $100k bossing people around who are 50years old getting paid $60k,
- What do you mean, that I have to pay high interest on my credit card because I didnt pay it all back
- What do you mean I cannot afford a 3bdr home in a bluechip area at 25? not fair, the banks suck

Get a job mate!

Wondering if people were choosing to build apartments in a blue chip suburb, whats the best brand or best bang for buck, for the oven/dishwasher etc.

Ive just had a chat with a few people, most people say Bosch would be the best for buck, whilst retaining the prestigious brand,

and I think they also said Miele was basically the best brand if price is no objective,

comments very appreciated

miele is more reliable but i would go the cooktop and oven on smeg just for the looks - you should check out the marc newson range. it's really looks pretty sleek.

Most new apartments i have seen in melbourne seem to be using miele.

If you're doing a development, import Miele yourself, much cheaper. They operate a legal form of retail price maintenance here. The retailer merely holds the stock on consignment and Miele invoice the sale themselves.

Costs of ordinary parts for these brands are outrageous.

If you're doing a development, import Miele yourself, much cheaper. They operate a legal form of retail price maintenance here. The retailer merely holds the stock on consignment and Miele invoice the sale themselves.

Costs of ordinary parts for these brands are outrageous.

You've got my attention:eek:

How much cheaper does it work out to be? And from a wholesaler os?

You've got my attention:eek:

How much cheaper does it work out to be? And from a wholesaler os?

I haven't done it. I buy one item at a time from the local distributor who is a friend and tells me how it is.

I'm pretty sure it has been covered here but I have also picked this up "friend of a friend" stuff.

I think it all depends on how much you are willing to shell out. Bosch is a quite machine and has variety of settings but its a bit pricey. Best is to go for a quiet one and find out their after sales service. You can also to surf for some product reviews.

We have Omega looks and works great. The dishwasher is integrated. Originally had A problem with dishes not drying until I started using rinds aid. Problem solved;)

we had miele in our last apartment the made in germany not thailand. It was crap gear.

Oven was uneven and off temp.
Microwave was falling apart and randomly did wrong power level
rangehood was falling apart
dishwasher was ok as was cooktop.

I had bosch gear at my last ppor, was thrilled rangehood was quite but strong, dishwasher was amazing.

Have a miele dishwasher. It's useless. Can't wash more than two full size dinner plates at a time as the rotating arm gets stuck on the plates.

So the miele dishwasher is fine so long as you don't want to wash dishes.

Have a miele dishwasher. It's useless. Can't wash more than two full size dinner plates at a time as the rotating arm gets stuck on the plates.

So the miele dishwasher is fine so long as you don't want to wash dishes.

As a developer, perception is reality.

Can't really go past german engineering.

based on what? my experience with german things has been terrible. the audi required a degree to activate the cruise control... was always such a pleasure to hop in the mazda and use the one touch cruise control. after 3 years i never could figure out the air control. things breaking, stupid design, not quality at all.... expensive price tag does not equal quality

We have a top-line Bosch dishwasher. Does a good job, very quiet and no problems to date - about 6 months. Previously had a Maytag, and no end of issues.

I have Bosch hot water system and applicances and they are yet (touch wood) break. Can't really go past german engineering.

+1

My experience of Bosch appliances is of being impressed. Priced usually reasonably but performance capable. I have an electric drill that has been dropped from roof height and still works. It had been pressed to drive in screws at fence paling until hot but still works. It has been with me 30 years and is the only electrical appliance that is still working from that time.

Back