Bought first IP thanks for all your help

I bought a one bedroom unit in kingsville, victoria (private sale). Thanks for all the help from people on here whenever ive asked questions, its been a fantastic support network and its really helped me out :)
8 weeks till settlement, pretty excited..

Bought the open plan apartment, no balcony but it has good light is northerly facing and quite spacious for a 1 bedroom apartment, not too far from yarraville too (15 minute walk) which is a big bonus i think

Bought the open plan apartment, no balcony but it has good light is northerly facing and quite spacious for a 1 bedroom apartment, not too far from yarraville too (15 minute walk) which is a big bonus i think

well done nick,

thought u might drown in over analysis, so well done for taking action!

cheers

bt

Good work, first one is always the hardest.

Feel free to share what you got it for and what it's rented for if you're comfortable with us nosey people knowing :)

Bought if for around $245,000. Planning to live in it for first 6 months to get the FHOG then plan to rent it out. Looking at the rental market id say i can probably get around $225 per week for it.

Congrats Nick!!! was wondering about you just the other day. Did you end up buying at auction or through the old lady? Agree with others, first one is usually the hardest! so it's all up from here!

That's similar to what i did with my first Nick. I bought the place as an IP so that the bank would include rental income since I didnt meet serviceability otherwise. Day it settled I moved in and applied for FHOG, gave it a lick of paint and moved out to start renting it a few months later.

Bought private. Between the 2 i guess i just did the simple thing and thought which would i prefer if i was going to live in there, and it was a simple choice in the end. It's a 15 minute walk to the train station which i don't think is too bad, obviously not ideally close but i don't think you can have everything, and i think kingsville is a suburb which will really boom as yarraville becomes too expensive.

Back