Boundary clearances for reno in brisbane

Im looking at doing an extension to the rear of my existing house, which is on a 20m x 20m corner block in brisbane, but i cant find anywhere that refers to the side and rear boundary clearances for these types of blocks. I know the old city plan specifically sited corner blocks as being considered to have both boundaries as side boundaries, but the new plan doesnt have this. The old plan was 1.5m clearance to both the side and rear boundaries. Given that the new side clearances for small lot blocks are now 1m, would any learned people here know whether that means the clearance for a corner block is now 1m for both side and rear boundaries, or is it still the same? The difference would be huge with regards to our possible designs. Cheers.

Send a PM to RPI. He will be able to answer this.

(Click on "community" tab, click on "r" and scroll down to RPI and send him a PM.

With being subject to DA you would need to comply with the existing DA. You could probably rock up at Council and get them to sign off a Generally in Accordance With the existing approval. Would be worth going in to council office (check when planners are on) and discuss their view.

Back