Bowen, QLD

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on Bowen. Anyone own? Sold? Considering investing? Speculative thoughts on the next decade or so?

The short and longterm impact of the Abbot Point coal terminal expansion will be very interesting.

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on Bowen. Anyone own? Sold? Considering investing? Speculative thoughts on the next decade or so?

The short and longterm impact of the Abbot Point coal terminal expansion will be very interesting.

Vacancy rates have gone from 0 to 16 % recently .

See Change

I looked into Bowen about four to six months ago and found the buy-in price was quite high for the low rents the properties were receiving even with the vacancy rate being pretty low back then. I ended up buying somewhere else instead.

I ended up buying in Chinchilla.. I like Bowen and think it has good potential however the holding cost would of been to high for me so I found something with a better yield.

I have a IP in Bowen and consider myself very luck to have it rented out. There have been a lot of new houses built so a lot of stock on the market at the moment, hopefully when construction at Abbot Point starts, vancancy rates will tighten up.
My advise would be that if you are going to build up there use a good builder and build a quality house, spent a little extra on quality fittings.

Bowen has had a lot of false starts over the years, however I still feel confident things will start moving soon.

I have a IP in Bowen and consider myself very luck to have it rented out. There have been a lot of new houses built so a lot of stock on the market at the moment, hopefully when construction at Abbot Point starts, vancancy rates will tighten up.
My advise would be that if you are going to build up there use a good builder and build a quality house, spent a little extra on quality fittings.

Bowen has had a lot of false starts over the years, however I still feel confident things will start moving soon.

I've read that 2000+ workers will be required to expand Abbot Point, so I imagine that vacancy rates will tighten right up once that's underway.

Can I ask what your IP is in terms of type, # of bedrooms etc and what yield you getting getting?

I've read that 2000+ workers will be required to expand Abbot Point, so I imagine that vacancy rates will tighten right up once that's underway.

Can I ask what your IP is in terms of type, # of bedrooms etc and what yield you getting getting?

From what I've read, for the 3 projects ( Alpha coal mine, railway line between the mine and port, and Abbot point port) there will be 2,000 on-going jobs and around 4,000 construction jobs.

As for my property it's a 4B 2B 2C, New house finished mid last year, bought the land directly from the builder and he constructed the house,rental yeild 5.6%.

I have a couple of properties in Emerald in Central Queensland, which I suppose is a town situated towards the other end of the infrastructure. The market has contracted somewhat over the last 6 months. This will most certainly change once things begin picking up in the Galilee Basin.

It seems typical that when these towns hit the spotlight, developers jump in and just start pumping out stock and the market takes time to absorb the excess. I'd much rather be in the market early because once things really start cooking in the Galilee Basin you can be assured it's going to be a mad scramble to get into the market and that's the time to sit back and enjoy the ride.....

Jack

Bowen, Mackay, Emerald are very quite atm. everyone is waiting for somethig (miracle?) things look prety bad in mining industry. whoever is prepared to take a risk and invest now may get big bonus later, maybe not...

Hey Jack hows your Emerald IP doing? pm me

Bowen, Mackay, Emerald are very quite atm. everyone is waiting for somethig (miracle?) things look prety bad in mining industry. whoever is prepared to take a risk and invest now may get big bonus later, maybe not...

Hey Jack hows your Emerald IP doing? pm me

G'day mate, I sent you a PM.....

G'day mate, I sent you a PM.....

Hi Jack, I notice that you are very knowledgeable with the Emerald market. I was wondering if you know of any reliable and good builders in Emerald? I recently bought a land in Maranda Heights and am looking for builders. I have been given some names but maybe might get some views from others. Please PM me, thanks.

Cheers
Ray

Back