Bran Nue Dae Trailer

The exotic outback town of Broome takes centre stage in the new feel-good movie Bran Nue Dae starring Geoffrey Rush, Ernie Dingo, Jessica Mauboy, Missy Higgins and newcomer Rocky McKenzie.

Based on the original stage musical by WA indigenous writer Jimmy Chi, Bran Nue Dae was shot on location in Broome last year as well as Fremantle, Perth, Swan Valley and Kununurra.

Featuring the Aboriginal Zorba The Greek Dancers as well

Looking forward to watching it to see our property as well as enjoy the movie ;)

Bran Nue Dae Site..Incl Trailer

I usually avoid any Australian movies like the plague. The acting is usually of such poor quality that it leaves me reeling. I just looked at the trailer for this film though, and it appears to be quite good. In saying that, though, the trailers rarely give you much to go on. Still, I think I will make a plan to see this one.

I usually avoid any Australian movies like the plague. The acting is usually of such poor quality that it leaves me reeling.

so do it - it's not because of the acting, but generally because the subject matter is so depressing or wildly socially-unacceptable or so convolutedly strange that i get left with a bad taste.

there was a big article in last weeks paper about how the industry should stop being so government funded, and force them to produce entertaining cinema that people actually want to watch.

I saw it! For an Aussie show it was entertaining.

The standard wasn't as good as some of the better stuff that comes out of the US, but it was watchable and of better quality than much of the Aussie stuff.

Back