brick veneer property perth

Hi guys I'm looking at this house but it's brick veneer. The house is priced the same as double brick home though, should it be cheaper?

Also what's everyone's thought on re sale of a single storey brick veneer house??

Positives and negatives??

Advice is appreciated! Thanks

Hi Tyrone,

In WA, there is a perception that double brick is 'better' (and everything else will blow over in the breeze).

I think things are slowly changing though with many new houses using steel frames etc but over all I think WA natives can be pretty old school.

What's it made of internally? Timber or steel? Age of house?

I don't know if it 'should' be cheaper - I guess it depends on what double brick is worth to you?

Thank you for the reply!

The house was built in 2000 and it is timber frame.

Double brick doesn't mean much too me but I look at selling it in a a few years so I don't want that to be a struggle... Just wandering what other people's thoughts are on it in Perth and if it should affect the sale price.

Obviously the current vendor feels the resale value is the same as a comparable double brick house, otherwise it would be advertised cheaper.

POSITIVES:
Easier Renos & repairs.

NEGATIVES:
You can hear everything going on in the next room.

I have purchased brick veneer homes a number of times now, my initial thought was whether it was same price as double brick because the land has development potential?

If not, brick veneer homes - from my experience resale price does not fetch the same price as double brick unless its unique ie deve potential. Also you may find it has asbestos somewhere in there??

I have purchased brick veneer homes a number of times now, my initial thought was whether it was same price as double brick because the land has development potential?

If not, brick veneer homes - from my experience resale price does not fetch the same price as double brick unless its unique ie deve potential. Also you may find it has asbestos somewhere in there??

Ok thanks for info.

Would you know roughly how much cheaper it should be?
It is not sub-d

We build with steel frame and there's a very good reason why I do that. Regarding hearing everything through the walls .. this is unfortunately true if the builder does not know how to build properly or are using cheap materials. If done properly the result should be better in terms of noise reduction and thermal properties.

some frame method do in fact cost more than double brick in material cost. Our cost always exceed those of double brick construction on materials. The overall cost benefit of frame building compare to double brick is in the amount of time for it to get to the lock up stage. So in the end frame is almost always cheaper than double brick because of the quicker build time..e.g. less cost for labor, holding cost, insurance, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for info.

Would you know roughly how much cheaper it should be?
It is not sub-d

No idea, I don't have any info on area etc.

You need to research sales for this particular area and look at end values of veneer and end values of double brick.

I would also contact re agent and more than 3 to get feedback on brick veneer homes, last thing you want is a property that will be an issue when selling.

MTR:)

Last edited:
If it was built in 2000 I wouldn't think there would be asbestos used in it. It is something a building inspector could confirm.

If it was built in 2000 I wouldn't think there would be asbestos used in it. It is something a building inspector could confirm.

Yes, your right all my Girrawheen brick veneer homes had asbestos, also a bugger if you want to renovate, nasty stuff

Back