Brick Veneer V Weatherboard

I have always "assumed" BV was always betterthan weatherboard houses. I have only ever lived in bv houses but now I am wondering what the real differences are. Could people please enlighten me?
Are they colder in winter - hotter in summer?
I assume their maintenance would be more time consuming.
I have always just overlooked them when 'shopping' and I am thinking now I may have missed some real bargains

Liz

From my perspective, weatherboard houses usually are over a sub-floor, rather than a slab. As such, I hate them as older houses with sub-floors means crappy creaky floors.

Secondly, BV is more "distinguished", you know, from England's fascination with brick and stone.

Weatherboard houses, if not insulated, are poo when it comes to keeping hot or cold.

I too like brick....

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm actually more of a fan of rendered blueboard. :D

From my perspective, weatherboard houses usually are over a sub-floor, rather than a slab. As such, I hate them as older houses with sub-floors means crappy creaky floors.

Secondly, BV is more "distinguished", you know, from England's fascination with brick and stone.

Weatherboard houses, if not insulated, are poo when it comes to keeping hot or cold.

I too like brick....

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm actually more of a fan of rendered blueboard. :D

Most of the "distinguished" houses in the area I live are the grand weatherboard Qlders.

I've lived in both and currently in brick. Only significant downside I can see of WB is painting every 10 years or so. They can be adequately insulated.

I think it is mostly a matter of personal taste. A bit like the old - tile roof V Colorbond debate. Personally I reckon CB looks heaps better and has many substantial benefits to those hideous concrete tiles, while many think CB looks cheap.

Back