Bringing forward Expenses

With the end of the year looming, I was thinking of what expenses I can bring forward into this financial year, as Hubby will be retiring next year, so much less income.

The obvious one is interest, but is there anything else? For instance, will Councils allow you to pre-pay Rates, etc? And once you pay interest in advance, do you have to continue doing that, or can you revert back to 'normal' when it suits you?

I would start with the big stuff and work backwards.. Interest, rates, strata, elective or needed repairs / maintenance ??

Careful with land tax. You can pre-pay what is already assessed and due later but you cant estimate it.

I would start with the big stuff and work backwards.. Interest, rates, strata, elective or needed repairs / maintenance ??

Careful with land tax. You can pre-pay what is already assessed and due later but you cant estimate it.
Thankyou Paul
You can revert back to normal in future years.

Cool! Might have to do it for two years, as selling down both this financial year & next, but after that, income will be much, much smaller. :D

Back