Brisbane advice please - subdividable areas?

Hi,

My wife and I have gone crazy in the past few years and we have now almost completed our 4th small subdivision in Melbourne's eastern suburbs.

We have kept pretty much all of the houses along the way, but we are now paying land tax. Just to avoid this getting out of hand, we were now thinking of possibly moving to Brisbane for a few years and buying up there.

So my question please:

Which suburbs would you recommend to buy in that offer:

Reasonable commuting distance to Brisbane CBD
Large block size that could be split into 2 or more house sites
A council that is generally in favour of new developments
Median house price or under area (of course would be over median price if a larger block)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we don't know much about Brisbane. (Except I have heard of Runcorn, 8 Mile Plains etc)

Thanks!

You make your profits when you buy. As in all markets the locations and opportunities are constantly changing. The fundamentals that you applied in Melbourne also works in Brisbane.

Key is to research what works now, do your feasibility and due diligence and purchase carefully.

I have been studying the Brisbane market for over 20 years and developing for the last 15 years and my strategy evolves with the market. I started with simple splitters and duplexes and then advanced onto options and getting DA.

Brisbane City Council is massive too, it makes life much easier working in different areas compared to Melbourne. Doesn't mean the council itself is easier to deal with, just that you only have 1 to deal with.

pdonline.brisbane.qld.gov.au has all the codes in the eplan and also the interactive mapping.

Minimum land size is one key criteria
Flood overlay is another.

Good luck hunting.

Back