Brisbane architecture for 3-4 townhouses development

We are looking for doing a development of 3-4 townhouses in Bulimba on 600 sqm LMR site.

1. Can anyone recommend a good arthitect whose services they have used in past and happy with them ?

2. what should be general architect fees( including town planning and other prodessionals as required) for DA, BAmeeting conditions and detailed design ? We have been quoted following by an architect firm for 4 townhouses. This includes all consultant fees and council fees except contribution charges.Does it sound ok ?

1. Development Application - 40k
2. Building application - 38k
3. Meeting conditions - 19k
4. Detailed design - 10k

Total 107k.

Rooky.

You can try Brett Richards/Pro Town Planners Mobile 0427 561 663.

I was told QLD have the most expensive development and build cost, but I wasn't expecting that much. definite an eye opener :eek:

The infra fees alone would be $80k-110k for 3-4 dwellings.

how does people make money in QLD for a multi dwelling development when these development and council fee cost exceed $200k?

You can try Brett Richards/Pro Town Planners Mobile 0427 561 663.

I was told QLD have the most expensive development and build cost, but I wasn't expecting that much. definite an eye opener :eek:

The infra fees alone would be $80k-110k for 3-4 dwellings.

how does people make money in QLD for a multi dwelling development when these development and council fee cost exceed $200k?

RetireRich101,

Thanks for feedback. PRO Townplanners only does townplanning. They do not do architect work. What we are looking for is someone who does everything till construction starts.

Yes, agree with your comment about higher development costs. I am in Perth. It costed me probably 55k or so for getting aimilar work done for 3 single storey units. Only difference is brisbane ones are 2 storey.

I am new to this caper. I called a builder whose work I liked. He gave me the name of his designer who drew up four townhouses. We discussed ideas and over two meetings and several phone calls and email changes, we ended up with a plan we liked. First thing was a site visit with our proposed builder, designer, Certifier and town planner. They were all linked in some way (worked together in the past) but not all knew each other.

We all walked the block, discussed the project and have just lodged in council. I am not sure you can get one company to do it all?

I am new to this caper. I called a builder whose work I liked. He gave me the name of his designer who drew up four townhouses. We discussed ideas and over two meetings and several phone calls and email changes, we ended up with a plan we liked. First thing was a site visit with our proposed builder, designer, Certifier and town planner. They were all linked in some way (worked together in the past) but not all knew each other.

We all walked the block, discussed the project and have just lodged in council. I am not sure you can get one company to do it all?

Wylie,

Yes, there are firms out there who provide all services including project management. So from start of your project till building completion, you need to deal with only one entity. Since they do project management and tendering also, as investor, we only need to interact with them. Saves heaps of time for investor.

Hi All,

Anyone who has used architect for townhouse development in brisbane before and care to share contact and validateour quote in first post of thread ?

Rooky.

Back