Brisbane bargain GET IT NOW

30mins Pimpama northern GC suburbs, but I get your point.
Nice hype of the southern BN market though, I like it! you need your own thread lets hype the Runcorn/Sunnybankhills/Sunnybank thread. Much of the greater BN area is treading water looking at recent stats but this area has some life thankfully just wish it would spread a little further

No it's not. It's never even come close to flooding there, I used to live down the road. You're looking at theoretical flood maps not historical.

I know you love the area, so do I.
I do agree it appears to be a good bargain for some people, but personally I would stay away from high flood risk houses regardless of historical or theoretical. At the end of the day, investment is about risk management

I know you love the area, so do I.
I do agree it appears to be a good bargain for some people, but personally I would stay away from high flood risk houses regardless of historical or theoretical. At the end of the day, investment is about risk management

Over land flow is where water may flow from any source including rain, its not even low risk. The indicated price I don't think has anything to do with it, more likely its a clever agent increasing interest or the property is in poor condition internally.

Jerrybee,

Next time if you message me directly, Ill buy you 100 beers with any purchase ;)

B

:)

Since I'm out of cash I'll post all the crazy deals I see here. I just love hunting. It's like window shopping for me. If I can't buy it is be just as happy to see another SS get it.

But you gotta be quick. The last 3 deals I've gotten have been great but only cause I was able to pounce with lightning speed. I refresh the sites like 20 times a day! And I used to badger every agent in the area to call me first. And I can only react quickly cause I know the areas like the back of my hand. I literally drive down and examine every house across all these suburbs and study everything from the shape of the land to the inclines, distance from shops and busses etc so when one comes up I know about the property already, all the recent sales and exactly what it's worth. Gotta be fast and backed up with lots of knowledge and DD:) One of the houses I bought recently was in a map I had printed out a months prior, and it had a big red circle around it. I already had my aim on the house before it even hit the market!

Recently I've found houses for two friends. One has already gone up like 70k in 9 months. I'm like a BA except I'm working free of charge!

Last edited:
:)
But you gotta be quick. The last 3 deals I've gotten have been great but only cause I was able to pounce with lightning speed. I refresh the sites like 20 times a day! And I used to badger every agent in the area to call me first. And I can only react quickly cause I know the areas like the back of my hand. I literally drive down and examine every house across all these suburbs and study everything from the shape of the land to the inclines, distance from shops and busses etc so when one comes up I know about the property already, all the recent sales and exactly what it's worth. Gotta be fast and backed up with lots of knowledge and DD:) One of the houses I bought recently was in a map I had printed out a months prior, and it had a big red circle around it. I already had my aim on the house before it even hit the market!

Jerrybee, do you just use realestate.com.au or some other site? There's no functionality on RE.com.au (that I'm aware of) that lists new/changed listings and so I end up going through the same houses I'd look at before.

Jerrybee, do you just use realestate.com.au or some other site? There's no functionality on RE.com.au (that I'm aware of) that lists new/changed listings and so I end up going through the same houses I'd look at before.

Sort by "new", that way every time you refresh you only need to look at the top 2-3 listings.

In an old army helicopter?

Ha, no. It's only 80kms, so it's not that hard if there's no traffic and you get all the lights on Samford/Enogerra/Kelvin Grove Rd, then it's freeway all the way to Smith St. Peak hour on the other hand, sucks balls.

Guess I was the first one placing the offer to the agent yesterday arvo. The agent sounded surprised that someone gave him an offer half an hour after he posted the house on RE.COM.

After making phone calls, sending emails, placing written offers, now guess what, the agent emailed me:

'The owner in Singapore has decided to Auction the home next Saturday the 6th June at midday on site to give everyone a fair chance at buying it considering there are so many people wanting to put an offer in.

My apologies for any inconvenience.'

LOL.....

Guess I was the first one placing the offer to the agent yesterday arvo. The agent sounded surprised that someone gave him an offer half an hour after he posted the house on RE.COM.

After making phone calls, sending emails, placing written offers, now guess what, the agent emailed me:

'The owner in Singapore has decided to Auction the home next Saturday the 6th June at midday on site to give everyone a fair chance at buying it considering there are so many people wanting to put an offer in.

My apologies for any inconvenience.'

LOL.....

Did he say he was getting a lot of calls? Might explain why he's not picking up the phone...

Btw good on you for getting in so quick. Although I think I could have beaten you if I had the cash. I'm the fastest gun in the south lol

lol not suss at all

A one week lead time on an auction suggests to me it's not suss. Both just clueless and genuinely surprised, which is exactly as I predicted as one of my last purchases in Sunnybank fell under similar circumstances. If only I had a line to this agent before it hit the market. But no one would have, he's not even close to being local. Who chooses an agent so far out, there are a tonne of local agents near by the seller could have chosen instead.

A one week lead time on an auction suggests to me it's not suss. Both just clueless and genuinely surprised, which is exactly as I predicted as one of my last purchases in Sunnybank fell under similar circumstances. If only I had a line to this agent before it hit the market. But no one would have, he's not even close to being local. Who chooses an agent so far out, there are a tonne of local agents near by the seller could have chosen instead.

You mean "John Sutcliffe - Principal / Director"
"With over $1 BILLION in settled sales over 25 years ensures your most valuable possession is in safe hands when marketed by John Sutcliffe, Principal of Ray White Victoria Point.
As a MULTI AWARD WINNING AGENT Real Estate is an exciting and rewarding career for me.
Queensland Annual Top Ten Salespeople 12 times (over past 25 years)
Queensland #1 Sales Agent twice"

Sounds like he wouldn't have a clue.

Back