Brisbane bargain GET IT NOW

Did he say he was getting a lot of calls? Might explain why he's not picking up the phone...

Btw good on you for getting in so quick. Although I think I could have beaten you if I had the cash. I'm the fastest gun in the south lol

Yeah, he mentioned that a LOT of people are awaiting to make an offer. :eek:

Yeah, he mentioned that a LOT of people are awaiting to make an offer. :eek:

I just happen to be in town this weekend, I'm renovating my new place which is just a few hundred metres walk away. So I will be sure to attend and let you all know how it goes.

saw a similar one on Jackson Road, whats that part like and is the traffic bad?

The word "similar" shouldn't be used to describe anything on Jackson Rd. It's totally different. Jackson Rd area is more industrial, much cheaper. This pocket of SBH in contrast is more up market.

The avenue - upper class, $1m properties
This pocket - middle class, $600-700 properties
Jackson Rd - industrial, cheaper properties, sub-500k properties

I just happen to be in town this weekend, I'm renovating my new place which is just a few hundred metres walk away. So I will be sure to attend and let you all know how it goes.

Thanks Jerrybee. I wouldn't expect this one to be sold under $500k at/after the auction...

Great! My new house is in fantastic condition. Still lots to do (though it's not a full reno, just paint, carpet etc) but I find most houses fun to renovate as long as there's no water damage:) (last house I did had all sorts of rot and it was a nightmare!)

Yeah totally forgot to go to the auction as I was so knee deep in the reno. I had it in my calendar but the notification wasn't loud enough. It really needs to be as loud as my alarm! I really wish I could have gone to gauge the mood and I'm dying to know the sale price.

In normal circumstances I would have guessed low 600's due to the need for a reno, high 600's fully renovated, but this is far from a normal auction, given the one week lead time and all the funniness surrounding it. I think anything under $550k would have been a bargain, but it would not surprise me if it was a crazy figure given all the attention it received.

Couldn't make it, anyone see what this got?
I went to the auction on Saturday, it was sold under the hammer for 600k. It was a Chinese guy who bought it. He was very determined, started from 450k, if anyone made an offer he will make an counter offer immediately. Like there was a party made 571k, he then immediately 580k, someone else made 581k, he then immediately made it to 590k, so finally he bought it at 600k.

I went to the auction on Saturday, it was sold under the hammer for 600k. It was a Chinese guy who bought it. He was very determined, started from 450k, if anyone made an offer he will make an counter offer immediately. Like there was a party made 571k, he then immediately 580k, someone else made 581k, he then immediately made it to 590k, so finally he bought it at 600k.

Thanks for the update! Looks like my estimate was close to the mark. I find it hilarious it started at 450k.

I think this property only classified a bargain if it is sold under 500k, if sold for 600k that's really market price and not really a bargain anymore...

Thanks for this thread. I'm acting for someone also selling in the neighbourhood. Valuation we got was not much higher yet our property si a better house and lot/position. I had suggested putting it to auction given that sunnybank is the eye of the dragon and good feng shui and I expected a lot of cashed up buyers, mostly Asian, would buy. Just need to choose the agent to go with and we are in business!

Thanks for this thread. I'm acting for someone also selling in the neighbourhood. Valuation we got was not much higher yet our property si a better house and lot/position. I had suggested putting it to auction given that sunnybank is the eye of the dragon and good feng shui and I expected a lot of cashed up buyers, mostly Asian, would buy. Just need to choose the agent to go with and we are in business!

Get Jerrybee lol

Back