Brisbane Buyer's agent and area recommendation

Hello,

I am looking for buying a development site in Brisbane. Budget is 500K. Idea is to rent it out for 1 year or so until i have more cash for construction and also to get some time for development approval. Then after 1 year or so, i will develop townhouses.

Does anyone know good buyer's agent who can help with this? I know some agents but they deal with normal purchase and they do not specialize in finding development sites.

Also, looking forward to some recommendation in terms of which area i should target. I will be keeping units at least for 1 year for rental post construction.

Rooky.

You could ask the BA's up that way (Andrew Allen and Richard Taylor are two that spring to mind) if they know of anyone or can assist.

Cheers

Jamie

Hello,

I am looking for buying a development site in Brisbane. Budget is 500K. Then after 1 year or so, i will develop townhouses.

Rooky.

Ill take 5 of them @500k. :D

Unless your looking further than 15km from the CBD (and for the Brissy market that's kinda far IMO so most likely delayed CG as opposed to 8km from the CBD) then its impossible to get a site for TH at 500k.

In terms of BA, just do a google search or even search the forum for BAs... Ring some, gets quotes etc and then you can ask feedback on the forum. You gotta actually do SOME of the work :cool:

In terms of area to target, Personally I have been targeting 8-10km from the cbd (but that fits into my strategy).

Ill take 5 of them @500k. :D

Unless your looking further than 15km from the CBD (and for the Brissy market that's kinda far IMO so most likely delayed CG as opposed to 8km from the CBD) then its impossible to get a site for TH at 500k.

In terms of BA, just do a good search. Ring some, gets quotes etc and then you can ask feedback on the forum. You gotta actually do SOME of the work :cool:

Hi LeoT,

Thanks for feedback.

Agree with you that in 500k its not possible within 12 to 15 km of the cbd. I meant Brisbane as entire city not just CBD.

Yes you are right in saying that it will be more fruitful if I ask more specific question after doung first level of research - have already started that. But I am totally new to Brisbane and its area and also have never used buyers agent service. So thought to ask for feedback here.

Hi LeoT,

Thanks for feedback.

Agree with you that in 500k its not possible within 12 to 15 km of the cbd. I meant Brisbane as entire city not just CBD.

Yes you are right in saying that it will be more fruitful if I ask more specific question after doung first level of research - have already started that. But I am totally new to Brisbane and its area and also have never used buyers agent service. So thought to ask for feedback here.

Its a great place to start here Rooky. I just stumbled across this forum not long ago and there is a lot of info and smart/successful ppl on here to help.

Do you mind if I ask do you already have IPs and do you have any experience at all with development? done any before?

Also, how many books on property investing have you read?

Cheers

Its a great place to start here Rooky. I just stumbled across this forum not long ago and there is a lot of info and smart/successful ppl on here to help.

Do you mind if I ask do you already have IPs and do you have any experience at all with development? done any before?

Also, how many books on property investing have you read?

Cheers

Hi LeoT,

I have done 2 development in Perth. Second one will soon have construction started.

First one was very simple 2 lot sub division and I did it when I did not know what is entire subdivision process. Just learned on the way. My thinking at that time was what can go wrong? If I do not get permission to build, I will sell the land and considered that i had little to loose other than time.

Second one is 3 lot subdivision which was bit complex compared to first one. I couldn't have done it without somesoft and kind people like you who are always eager to share their experience. In fact, I am thinking of starting a thank you thread once construction starts to thank this forum and some of the members in particular from whom I have gained much of the knowledge.

As far as book is concerned, I have not read many - 3 or 4. Not able to recall name or author. I am very forgetful about names for people, books or movies.

But dont get me wrong. I got your point that research should be done by me first and then I should be asking on forum. That way, discussiin could have been more fruitful for everyone.

Hi LeoT,

I have done 2 development in Perth. Second one will soon have construction started.

Well done mate!

My thinking at that time was what can go wrong? If I do not get permission
to build, I will sell the land and considered that i had little to loose other than time.

I love that you considered and had an exit strategy.

Second one is 3 lot subdivision which was bit complex compared to first one. I couldn't have done it without somesoft... from whom I have gained much of the knowledge.

There are definitely awesome ppl on here with a lot of experience who are nice enough to point ppl in the right direction - that's why I like this forum.

As far as book is concerned, I have not read many - 3 or 4. Not able to recall name or author. I am very forgetful about names for people, books or movies.

The only reason I bring this up is because I know the immense value reading and expanding my working knowledge of this stuff has had on me and my friends and I really recommend you start your personal library.

Must be exciting that your starting construction soon! :D Do you project manage for yourself?

LeoT,

Obviously I am excited that construction is starting. Just want to finish it in time.

Seems like you have read a lot about developing mindset for investment and about propety investment too. Can you please share your journey like how you started, what books you read etc.

For a development site there are people who specialize in this type of project, and can take an interstate buyer through the whole project management process, if this is the case you can get some past projects and would like them to be doing that type of thing exclusively I would say.

Back