brisbane cbd apartment with 2 carspaces - rent out a single carspace separately?

Got an investment property - 2BR, 2 Bath, 2 car space in Brisbane cbd.

location is one of the residential apartments near Four Points Sheraton (99 Mary St), so very close to the commercial areas

I am deciding whether to rent it out as 2.2.2 or as a 2.2.1 (lower rents) plus the carspace separately.

Based on my valuation of similar car spaces for rents in Gumtree, the second option (rent car space separately) is more profitable provided there are low vacancies (<50%) on the carspace.

does anyone have any experience renting out carspaces separately? what are the vacancies? what is the average duration a tenant will rent it out for (this affects how much management time i need to allocate to this)? are there any discounting off the advertised car space price?

I'd be interested in leasing out the car space if you do go that route :cool:

I currently pay $14-$20 per day at 53 Albert Street.

Is it allowed under the body corporate by-laws?

It will involve giving the person access to the building areas may be a security issue.
Marg

Is it allowed under the body corporate by-laws?

It will involve giving the person access to the building areas may be a security issue.
Marg

I guess it might be possible to write by-laws that forbid it, but I have never seen any that did. As an owner you can usually give whomever you wish access to your property under any arrangement you like.

In St. Lucia people are renting covered carparks for up to $50/week if they are within walking distance of the uni. I imagine you could get substantially more than that in the CBD.

Last edited:
I guess it might be possible to write by-laws that forbid it, but I have never seen any that did. As an owner you can usually give whomever you wish access to your property under any arrangement you like.

In St. Lucia people are renting covered carparks for up to $50/week if they are within walking distance of the uni. I imagine you could get substantially more than that in the CBD.

yea i agree. If the car park renter is registered as a tenant then I can't see how the body corporate can forbid it

I'd be interested in leasing out the car space if you do go that route :cool:

I currently pay $14-$20 per day at 53 Albert Street.

check out gumtree. listings in the cbd average $70 to $90 pw. i called a few owners to ask about vacancies but they were all unwilling to provide info lol

Back