Brisbane City Council Zoning

Hi Guys

Can anyone please tell me what the term "character residential zone" means in the multi unit development code?

The place I am looking at is in the "Dwelling House Character Zone" (as it appears most of inner-mid suburbs of Brisbane are) but not in the "neighbourhood character zone" which I understand is the old DCP and while most of the place in the street are in this zone, this place and the house next door are carved out of it.

The reason I am interested is that in a character residential zone the side setback is 1.5m unless you have written permission from the neighbour to build to boundary whereas outside the character residential zone you can build to boundary.

Why didn't they just use the same terms as before :eek:

as an update - I think I have now answered my own question. The Dwelling House Character Zone" and the "neighbourhood character zone" are not ZONES. But OVERLAYS. It would appear it is in the LMR2 Zone and therefore built to boundary is ok?

CR2 - Character Residential 2 - infill

Big thing there is 1 dwelling per 300m2

If it the Traditional Building Character(design) overlay code then you need to make your property comply with that overlay, basically being sympathetic to the surrounds. Not ultra modern etc.

Traditional Building Character (demolition) overlay code is the DCP code equiv in the new plan

Have a look at part 8

http://eplan.brisbane.qld.gov.au/index.htm

Back