Brisbane: Crestmead & Marsden, what do you think?

Viewed quite a lot of houses this weekend in that area. What do you think about potential?. You can buy houses for around 300k and rent them out for 300pw. It is kinda outskirts of Brisbane, but with the projected growth they might become established suburbs quite soon.

When I was looking for a PPOR in 2007 I had a drive around these areas. You could get a nice chunk of land and a decent house for a good price in these areas, however in the end I saw better value much closer to the CBD in Brisbane and better positions in the Bris-GC corridor. I didn't like that most areas were a healthy car drive away from everything, particularly shops and rail. In my opinion these suburbs are going to be very sensitive to the price of petrol.

Like always I'm sure there would be some excellent bargains for someone with specific knowledge and the time to seek the deals out.

agree with Andrew - don't know much about Crestmead, but marsden is on the go at the moment - I have several house/land or land only packages in the area near the Berrinbah wetlands...there is probably an oversupply to some extent, but they seem to be selling ok. There is a massive light industrial area going in on the other side of the wetlands that some of these developments are hoping to supply.

I guess the main point from the investor side is that there is still a general shortage of rental properties all over brissy so well priced rentals are quite sought after.

Carole park is another nearby area worth a bit of a look - not quite there yet but I know a few larger scale land holders starting to look at carve ups.

the major benefit to these areas, whilst some way from the CBD, is that they are in the GC-Bris corridor and very close to the major arterials - gateway/logan mwy/pac hwy.

be interesting to watch how it all goes...

I bought a 3BR 2BATH old house in a nearly 1200sqm block in Marsden in 2007 for 220K. It must worth at least 315K now and renting $325 a week. Area is not that flashy at the momnet but return and capital growth is not bad.

Urban Cowboy, where is Berrinbah wetlands? Is it in Marsden?

Amal

I bought a 3BR 2BATH old house in a nearly 1200sqm block in Marsden in 2007 for 220K. It must worth at least 315K now and renting $325 a week. Area is not that flashy at the momnet but return and capital growth is not bad.

Urban Cowboy, where is Berrinbah wetlands? Is it in Marsden?

Amal

Berrinba is between Woody, Browns plains and Kingston.

In Laws have been approached to sell their house for a cool $2.5M.

Who would have thought it would go for this when it is a short stroll to Woody High.

Cheers,

F

Last edited:
see the link - doesn't look much from the aerial shot, but quite pretty on the ground...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...7.664297,153.078432&spn=0.02273,0.045447&z=15

a lot of land estates going in around there - the industrial estate I mentioned (and the parks adjoining the wetlands) are on the southern edge of the piccie.

cheers
UC

Our son brought a 4x2x2 House and land package for 337K at Berrinba in 2008. Postcode 4117

Late 2009 valued by bank valuers for LOC at 420K.

Increase of 83K (- blinds, security screens and back stratco awning which all up cost 10K).

regards
Sheryn

Back