Brisbane Cross River Rail - Volumetric Acquisition

I've received a notice from Qld govt saying the proposed underground Cross River Rail will be passing under one of my IPs.

Consequently, they'll be removing some of the dirt under it for the tunnel (they call it Volumetric Acquisition). The notice says they want to compensate me. The compensation is based on the difference in the land value before and after.

Anyone know anything about this ?

I've received a notice from Qld govt saying the proposed underground Cross River Rail will be passing under one of my IPs.

Consequently, they'll be removing some of the dirt under it for the tunnel (they call it Volumetric Acquisition). The notice says they want to compensate me. The compensation is based on the difference in the land value before and after.

Anyone know anything about this ?
I was talking to a person this morning about this,he has a Comm property on the strip at Moorooka and they intend to resume his
main road property xxxx per cars past per hour ,within 3 months he is just down the roads from Moorooka Train Station,but i can't help you with that one but i will ask someone who may be able to help..
willair..

Keith, we have a friend who has the Airport tunnel passing under his property. He has been told the compensation is around $5K.
Marg

Keith - have you had any further info?

I just checked teh mail for IP and we have one as well...ours says, if the project proceeds "compensation can be claimed"...in other words they won't pay it unless you go out and apply for it...

That said, as you pointed out it is based on difference in land values before and after...

My question is, for the purposes of a high-rise resi apartment block (200+ units) wouold it even be worth pursuing?

Keith - have you had any further info?
I spoke to them (1800 462 730). They told me the depth of the tunnel below my property but were fairly vague on compensation, noise level, valuation change.

I just checked teh mail for IP and we have one as well...ours says, if the project proceeds "compensation can be claimed"...in other words they won't pay it unless you go out and apply for it...
They did say that if the project goes ahead (at end of 2011) then they would write to affected owners to say they would be acquiring your dirt. That's when compensation could be claimed.

My question is, for the purposes of a high-rise resi apartment block (200+ units) wouold it even be worth pursuing?
Noise or vibration at ground level (in common areas?) would affect valuations. It's certainly worth applying - they say they will pay reasonable valuer & solicitor fees, even if the valuation turns out to be unaffected.

Back