Brisbane Floods

Thinking of everybody on this third anniversary. Hopefully our family will be back home by the fourth anniversary. (It'll be ugly for our builder if we're not! :p)

Thinking of everybody on this third anniversary. Hopefully our family will be back home by the fourth anniversary. (It'll be ugly for our builder if we're not! :p)

Only seems like yesterday,it's going to be interesting to see who wins the legal side,and how do you value your total loss I spent over 550 hours on rebuilding one property,plus the land face value went down over 50%,plus loss of rent for over 7 months,from what I'm told the start-up claims are above 300k,and some people that I talked to last week in Rocklea can,t even be bothered to ring the legal people and get their name on the list one person was telling me they got over 175k from the Government and other places where property investors got zero from the Government..

OK, so we're not going to make it by the fourth anniversary, but we are at lock-up and should be home by February.

After 4 years and 1 month, I can't tell you how excited I'll be. :)

Wow what an unbelievable length of time. I hope that everything continues to go well, and you are happy with the result, and enjoy the reoccupation.

Wow what an unbelievable length of time. I hope that everything continues to go well, and you are happy with the result, and enjoy the reoccupation.
Thanks, Peter. It has indeed been a saga.

We're very happy with how the new home's shaping up, thank goodness. It's a highset about 3m above ground. ;) If we flood next time, Noah will turn up.

OK, so we're not going to make it by the fourth anniversary, but we are at lock-up and should be home by February.

After 4 years and 1 month, I can't tell you how excited I'll be. :)

I hope it all turns out well for yourself and your family,it's been a long time even every now when the heavy rains start I think about what happened during that period and the people that came from every walk of life to help me when I could not pay them anything,,good luck..

Back