Brisbane January 2011

OK, it's been ages since we've organised to get together in Brisbane. What better way to take our minds off the floods and traffic and mud and misery, than to get together with some fellow Somersofters and enjoy a few refreshing ales, and swap flood stories? (And then talk about something *other* than the flood!)

I propose that we get together at the Garden Bar of the Pig'n'Whistle at Indooroopilly, this Thursday night, the 20th of January at 5pm. (Public transport is free until 11:59pm Friday, which is why I chose a public-transport-friendly venue.)

Anybody?

We are on the Gold Coast but would like to come up and meet some SS's but can't make it this time. Does anyone catch up on the Gold Coast at all?

Well now that sounds like a good plan, will have to put the paint brush down early so should be there.

And we will find each other how? or just look for a group introducing each other :)

Brian

i haven't been on this forum for ages, surprisingly got this message today,and i am free tomorrow too,i am a young asian lady,i am not investing any property, i was on this forum because i bought my first house a couple of years ago, i am wondering if i will be alone tomorrow if i go, i mean if i will be all by myself tomorrow night and no one talks to me? :)

I'll be getting there around 5:30 - grey skirt, black work top, office worker chick with husband in tow. :D

doh - now blue top - ran in this morning, left top at home - thankfully keep a spare of everything in the desk draw!

Last edited:
Well, apart from forgetting this was on until I was 45 minutes late, and then realising that I didn't have any clothes suitable for the occasion in our emergency accommodation and turning up in cleaning clothes, and then turning into a happy drunk on 2 Strongbows, I think you'd have to agree that i was the hostest with the mostest last night. :D

Seriously, thanks so much to all of you, I really needed that. I haven't pin-pointed what it is about "property people", but I'm continually amazed by just how darn likable they are. :)

We must do it again soonish!

Did I mention that I love suncorp? :D

Agree Perp - Awesome evening! Was lovely to meet so many SS'ers and have a good chat.

Many good stories shared. And gotta say thank you all for getting the husband in tow interested in property and reno's again :D he's on his way out of his slump.

Noticed there were a few of us either working or based in the CBD - anyone up for early coffee next week or a lunch?

only just saw this or we would have come down! I can come into the city for a lunch if anyone is having one.
note to self-pay more attention!

Back