Brisbane Land Values

Interesting, we got ours in the post today and the houses that have dropped the most in the last 6-12 months have increased their land values the most! the land value has gone up 11% but the sale value has dropped about 20%- go figure!

Interesting, we got ours in the post today and the houses that have dropped the most in the last 6-12 months have increased their land values the most! the land value has gone up 11% but the sale value has dropped about 20%- go figure!

Can you dispute their land valuation?

hey, lets see who got the biggest % increase from last valuation. One of mine went up 20.4% :mad:

You beat us .... ours went up 20.2% in Redbank Plains and 10.1% in Goodna (half the increase of RBP). I'm not sure how this can be justified especially as property prices seem to have dropped around 10%-15% in the past year based on a property I've been trying to sell.

I suppose the Govt has to grab extra revenue from somewhere especially since they thought $50 million was to much to pay for disaster insurance before the floods ..

Mystery

Lucky me :rolleyes: I win
25% 140000 to 175000. and yet that house has probably dropped from around 280000 (last bank val) to hmmmm maybe 260 000.

Lucky me :rolleyes: I win
25% 140000 to 175000. and yet that house has probably dropped from around 280000 (last bank val) to hmmmm maybe 260 000.

Beat you......34.8% land valuation increase on our property in Rochedale South....higher council rates coming up :eek:

AnneDe

&%$!#@&%@ ............ stupid revaluations have pushed me over the land tax minimum threshold. Dammit

Haven't you heard? The state is in deficit and needs all the cash it can get its grubby hands on. We should all pay our fair share. Have you noticed the exponential increase in speed cameras as well?

:( I get a silver medal at 31% increase If only the valuation of the property had gone up by that amount but I dare say its gone down by 10% not that I'm selling so no big issue at this stage.

So that equates to another $54.00 per Qtr. At least I don't have to pay for the water useage. Cause I beleive that increased by 18%, I'm sure I will get a hit in that somewhere.

Be nice if they lifted Land Tax threshold by 30% :D.

Brian

Well I pulled up the whole street where my place is and we are all the same size blocks give or take a couple of sqm. All buildings are similar sytles and size. The differents in the land values is rather varied to say the least up to 20 + thou and not to think theres any injustice the MUCH lower valued places are government owned.

I guess I was unlucky with all the other private owned places in the street.

But I'm sure it was all above board and the governmaent was just umm lucky.

May just have a look at the objection form and see whats involved but I'm sure the end result will be the same private screwed - government Winner.

Brian

Back