brisbane market

hi,

im interested to know what is happening in the brisbane market at the moment?

how have things gone since the floods and how much of brisbane actually got effected by the floods?

i am looking around the morningside area as a potential investment opportunity? any thoughts or if anyone has any other ideas about brisbane that theyd like to share be interested to know.

thanks

Not a lot happening, will post a chart with data till February which is a good summary.

Last few weeks have been busy, that's feedback coming from all links associated with the property chain. Likely just some catch up after everyone stopped after the floods to work out what happened.

About 2% affected, so the whole of Brisbane wasn't underwater!

Morningside, watch out for water and flight paths, otherwise normal considerations that you would apply for anywhere such as demolition control, neighbours, arterial roads etc.

Property prices till February 2011 in Brisbane

brisbane%20prices.JPG

The Brisbane market is reasonably flat but this will create more buying opportunities and vendors will need to meet the market if they wish to sell.

I believe that Morningside is a good area and is also one of the areas that I look out for. Some parts of Morningside is zoned for development for townhouses, it is also surrounded by other upmarket suburbs such as Bulimba, Balmoral and Hawthorne.

Try and buy a property that is not only an investment but also a potential development. Over time as land price increases the value of your land will rise and be popular amongst developers.

You can develop sites as small as 405m2 corner blocks right up to the typical sizes in Brisbane which are 607m2, 809m2 and more.

Its also best to do your usual due diligence as well.

Back