Hi Everyone, I am brand new to the site:rolleyes:
I am looking at my second Investment property in the Brisbane market.. I previously bought my first Investment property in Feb 2012 in Glenmore Park,Sydney for $317k.. This has been going along nicely with a bit of CG and stable tenants
That being said it was more luck than anything else as I bought in the same suburb I have my own home.. Since than I have read many books and subscribed to various magazines etc, still Im not sure if going a Buyers Agent for my second IP is the smarter option, I dont know the Brisbane market or suburbs very well so can see the advantages with this however Im looking at spending $250-$300k therefore laying down 10k for a BA does seem excessive
I still consider myself a newbie at best so any tips or advice is much appreciated

Lots of activity in Brisbane, I'm looking there as well. $250-$300k doesn't buy much in terms of a house, was it specifically a house you were looking at or apt/unit? There are lots of threads here about Brisbane, it's a pretty spread out place. If it's a house and land you're after you're looking at the suburbs in around the 20K zone from the CBD.

Thanks Tulamalula, I havnt determined 100% if I want a house or Townhouse/Apartment.. First want to find the best suburbs in my price range for either and work from there..Obviously CG is desirable but I dont want to Negative gear too much either.. (if that makes sense):confused:

Thanks Tulamalula, I havnt determined 100% if I want a house or Townhouse/Apartment.. First want to find the best suburbs in my price range for either and work from there..Obviously CG is desirable but I dont want to Negative gear too much either.. (if that makes sense):confused:

Hi Scumfactor (one of the my cat's name is scumie :)

Just to give you a starting point for research:
If you want to be 5-6 km from the Brisbane city, have you considered units and townhouses in Lutwyche, Wooloowin, Albion and Clayfied? These suburbs are near a train line into the city and are on the Northside

Other suburbs in your price range for $250-300K for units and townhouse you may consider on the southside are:
rochedale south, runcorn, eight mile plains, sunnybank, sunnybank hills, macgregor and robertson. These tend to be highly sought after and tenanted quickly.

House and land 250-300K South Side - I can only think of the Logan area - Logan Central, Woodridge, Kingston and Slacks Creek

House and land 250-300K North Side - Not too sure of the Northside, maybe Strathpine, Bray Park, Bracken Ridge, Lawnton and Petrie.

As always, do your due diligence on building, pest, elevation and flood maps
Good luck!

Northside - Bray Park, Strathpine, Lawnton, Petrie, Narangba/Burpengary (some parts of), Kallangur, Murrumba Downs and Deception Bay.

If you want to go further north, Moronfield and Caboolture.

Hi,

$250-$300k(House) look around Redbank plains and around ipswich area.

House on 800-1200sq meter block with 4 meter access way on side would be perfect!

it will allow you to split the block and build at the back!

PM me if you need more info!

Back