Brisbane North

I'm curious to know what the appeal is with Bracken Ridge? For the same money you can buy in to Keperra/Ferny Grove and be 8kms closer to the CBD, be on the train line, and imo be in a much nicer suburb :confused:

No appeal, but whether it staisfies your investment startegy. By the way I also have an IP in Ferny Grove, yes closer to the train line....

Yeah i looked at a BA but in the end couldn't part with 10k, I did a bit of recon back in December and spent 3 days in brisbane driving around - literally 8 hours in a car getting to know all the areas I had investigated; started with a list of 20 and narrowed down. I think you need to see the areas yourself if you are not going to use a BA it certainly helped me.

Yes I use a PM from Pure Rentals (PM me for his contacts - he is fantastic!). The idea is that he will try and conjunct on the property he inspects for you with the selling agent and thus that pays for his time, we couldn't do that with mine as it had only just gone on, so instead I am just going to give him some cash as a good will gesture.

He inspected 20 odd properties and phoned me whilst onsite, his ethos was always with my best interests in mind, i.e. if it was his money would he buy it. He could have easily sold me a lemon early on and I wouldn't have been any the wiser.

In terms of finding a PM to do this I just gave a few a call explained my situation being interstate, offered some extra cash and to put the property through them once i'd found it if they did some inspections and that was it - saved myself 10k. Then i just kept alerts on RE and the moment something came on sent him the link to go check it out. Worked out pretty well. HTH :)

Hello, your ideas seem great. I also live in Syd and looking to purchase over next few months in Brisbane. If u were able to PM me the details, that would be most appreciated

I just secured this in Zillmere this week for 400k.

I wholeheartedly agree that the market has certainly heated up since I started looking a few months back, originally looking around stafford heights but everything half decent was up in the high 4's and now mid 5's, on average 50k since I visited the area 6 months ago.

I'm happy with my little buy, 2 mins from the station and with good proximity to chermside and general amenities. I understand not wanting to buy at market price however I think there is something to be said for just moving, otherwise the market will and you won't be in at all.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-zillmere-117868799

What's your expected rental return for this property?

Great buy!!! I just bought in the area and used a buyers agent (I'm based in Sydney).

Are you using a property manager to do the local inspections for you?

I'd be keen to explore ways to minimise the costs associated to going through a buyers agent.

Hey Dajackal have recently joined SS and am loving the information and community here.. Currently have 0 IP's but have been slogging away at saving for the first, doesn't help when I do enjoy travel but all about the balance right :)? or maybe not..

Would be interested to hear your perspective on having/using a BA, I'm in 2 minds cause I know I could probably do the work myself but with the expertise of a BA did you find they saved you the money you spent on them anyway?

I'd say this question could have been done to death on a forum like this but wanted to ask someone's perspective.

Cheers and feel free to ask more questions if you'd like more info :)

Back