Brisbane North

Seems to be the hot area at the moment.
Zillmere is overpriced, fitzgibbon is heading that way fast.
What about Bracken Ridge? currently visiting a few around this area, but very pocketed with poor area's.
Not many showing to opens which either means it hasn't started moving yet, or it isn't a good place to invest.
Strategy is long term, but need some short term GC to continue to purchase.
Anyone care to use their crystal ball?

What about Bracken Ridge? currently visiting a few around this area, but very pocketed with poor area's.
Not many showing to opens which either means it hasn't started moving yet, or it isn't a good place to invest.

Can you afford a renno

So why even look in that area, if It's already hot?

Because Hot Area's have potential for quick gains if the right property is found at the right price :)

Yep, will be looking to do a Reno, signed a contract on Saturday for a fixer-upper, Went with below Median property with good land content in Bracken Ridge.

I reckon Fitzgibbon has a bit of a way to go yet. Key difference I see between Fitzgibbon and Bracken Ridge is the fact that a good proportion of Fitzgibbon is within walking distance to Carseldine train station. Add in the fact that all of the new development is bringing a new lease on life to the area with parks, community centre, community gardens, and shops (coming in about 12 mths) and I think the future looks promising. There is 50-100k difference in the like-for-like price of properties in Fitzgibbon and those a couple hundred metres away in Carseldine.

Because Hot Area's have potential for quick gains if the right property is found at the right price :)

Yep, will be looking to do a Reno, signed a contract on Saturday for a fixer-upper, Went with below Median property with good land content in Bracken Ridge.

Buy as close as possible to chermside, and airport as this is because job creation is.
If you can get near train station imho will best bet.

Just reval my bracken ridge, 3br house at $360k. Nice $60k increase just over a year.

Rent didnt grow, but that's part of the cycle..

Not sure why you think Zillmere is overpriced as there are still properties I think that are fair value. Can you elaborate?

Bracken Ridge has got some great properties but also some which are pretty average. Don't know much about Fitzgibbon except a lot of the new development is on tiny blocks that may be ok for investors but not for those who want to raise a family.

Would properties in Zillmere bordering Aspley be worth more than those towards Taigum?

Definitely. Properties west of the railway line are worth more than those on the other side. I would say that these properties are also generally more expensive than Taigum. Also, there are very few flats/townhouses on that side of Zillmere.

Thanks mate just picked up a brick 3 bedder right on the aspley border and was worried I overpaid as it's above the median price for the suburb

Thanks mate just picked up a brick 3 bedder right on the aspley border and was worried I overpaid as it's above the median price for the suburb
I don't think that you overpaid as the market is going gangbusters in some parts of Aspley, Zillmere and those on the border. A Zillmere house just next to mine sold for over $600,000 recently.

This is what concerned me when I was looking.
Way too much competition, pricing already shifting significantly, still some deals around, but out of the box thinking required, which means more work and increased risk.
Ended up in Bracken ridge, the wet weather has actually be amazingly good as less mum/Dad investors braving the wet.

Mitchelton, Everton Hills and Arana Hills are closer than Bracken Ridge. Mitchelton i really like as a suburb but prices have risen steeply recently.

Arana Hills and Everton Hills are right next door and offer good value. I would try and buy not too far from the train station.

I honestly think Zillmere still has a bit to go given the "bleed effect" of Chermside, Aspley, Carseldine etc.

Overall many properties in that area do offer value I think with reasonable yields. Definitely a buy and hold strategy.

lutwyche going very well,

new busway and clem 7 making it spot to watch.

Chermside has mnay many many large developments already and on the plans, watch for an oversupply.

I honestly think Zillmere still has a bit to go given the "bleed effect" of Chermside, Aspley, Carseldine etc.

Overall many properties in that area do offer value I think with reasonable yields. Definitely a buy and hold strategy.

I agree, also think theres still more to be had from Zillmere.

True, but I hate paying market Rate for a property.
If there is competition then generally this happens.
Ended up in Bracken Ridge.
Similar property next to one we just bought sold for 35k more, very very similar, we even have more land :)
All the properties I looked at in Zillmere were on Main roads with tiny land component.

True, but I hate paying market Rate for a property.
If there is competition then generally this happens.
Ended up in Bracken Ridge.
Similar property next to one we just bought sold for 35k more, very very similar, we even have more land :)
All the properties I looked at in Zillmere were on Main roads with tiny land component.

Bracken Ridge is a great family suburb but just a bit further from facilities compared with Zillmere.

I have been looking at North Side and since I am trying to avoid very hold houses till possible, Bracken Ridge seems to fit well in my criteria (Still convincing myself it is not too far considering transport options).Are there any good and bad side of Bracken Ridge?

I noticed some houses are listed around 500k on centre- Eastern side compared to Western side for similar land size. Though those houses are new but was not sure if it is worth paying high 400 to low 500 in this suburb. What do you guys think?

I was looking at Bracken Ridge, Taigum, Boondall and Zillmere for a couple of months, would have prefered house and land, but not in a position to do much maintenance at the moment so didn't want an old/run down place and was also leaning towards Zillmere because long term I like the location.

In the end I've just purchased a villa in Zillmere, 7 min walk from train, 2min walk bus to Chermside/City and on nearly 300sqm block as a 'compromise'.... At least it's a bit different to the huge number of apartments going into the area and it's getting a much better return than Bracken Ridge houses and needs no work. Even though it's not stand alone hopefully it has fair long term growth potential!

I am considering Bracken Ridge for my next IP though, but I like the idea of proximity to train line so the area I look at will probably be closer to Bald Hills station, newer houses on smaller blocks of land here though. If the busway ever makes it out there it will also be on the western side.

Back