Brisbane Property Prices next 12 months

Where will Brisbane's house prices go within the next 12 months (medians)?

• BOOM! (20%+) - $528,000 +

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Balanced Growth (10-12%) - $484,000 - $492,900

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Limited Growth (5%) - $462,000

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Neutral Growth (0%) - $440,000

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Negative Growth (-5%) - $418,000

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • DEPTHS (-10%) - $398,000 - lower

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So where will Brisbane property prices go in the next 12 months.

PROS

Property Listings are down nearly 5% over a 12 month period starting Jun 12.

Federal election should bode well for QLD as the current feel of public sentiment is low due to government instability (international marketeers buying in).

The floods are slowly being forgotten about. NO CATASTRPHIC EVENTS THUS FAR.

Low interest rates means more people can buy in at the next bracket (like most markets).

More private infrastructure projects in and around the 12km CBD region.

CONS

Campbell Newmann's policies have increased unemployment.

The floods still remain in investors heads.

Not as much migration from the Mexicans down south, as was during the last boom of 06/07.

So where are prices going to go?

I have used median prices.

I voted for Balanced Growth. I see the market picking up substantially post 07 Sep 13 election with Brisbane pushing their prices higher in the peak selling period of late Jan - Late Feb.

As you say unemployment is on the rise since Newman has become Premier. His jobs cuts in the public sector in particular have been MASSIVE.
From talking with my friends in a mix of job sectors, pay rises are non existent.. Keeping your job is the new pay rise :)

I'm predicting neutral growth.. I'd be stoked with 5% growth though. I'm not sure how you class 10-12% as balanced growth? That's boom time..

And even more job cuts to come. Numbers have been handed down to a mate in mains road. He told his bosses this time round he will not be the messenger of bad news to his colleagues. not sure yet of numbers from my department

Brisbane's growth usually occurs after Sydney's growth. Some properties have gone up by about 10% already in past year, so expecting similar suburbs that haven't risen yet to have some growth in the coming 6 months. As Sydney gets more expensive, Brisbane will look cheap and Sydney's investors will buy up with their gained equity. IMO.

I think the low interest rates are the driver at the moment and that's Australia Wide.

As sydney is booming at the moment I expect Brisbane to move early than in previous cycles , because of the rate at which information is flowing , on the internet .

That wasn't a major factor in the last boom , but I think it's a game changer.

I think it's the reason why Sydney's west is booming at the moment almost ahead of the rest of sydney .

I voted Balanced growth , but wouldn't be surprised at what ever happens , given the way things change over night .

Cliff

I think balanced growth (for know). Interest rates should go down next week to record low's which will put more people into a position to afford to buy or people to invest. With the election I think it doesn't matter who wins the government will have to bring back some sort of FHOG for established houses or some cuts on stamp duty to encourage us to buy. Property is a way for every day normal families to create wealth and the more money the middle class person has the more they spend which means more tax profits for the government. This sounds funny but the government needs to invest in investors which will drive house prices up, banks will be lending more money and the government will be receiving more tax profits.

I strongly believe the ingredients for a boom are there we just have to wait for it. Will it be government incentive? Consumer confidence? Or interest rate cuts? We'll have to patiently wait and see.

Yes Brocky but remember that is on the back of it having dropped at least 10% the year before and probably 10% in the year before that. You certainly bought at the right time. Two of my properties still haven't reached their 2010 values as far as I can tell.

I tried using On The House recently but it doesn't do what it used to. There is nothing to compare. Does anyone have RPData that can look up a couple of suburbs for me please?

Boom. Low rates, low AUD, Brisbane has positioned itself better internationally than in the past. Net migration is strongly positive. Low property base following floods. Syd booming, Melb running hard, Brisbane poised to catch up.

Boom. Low rates, low AUD, Brisbane has positioned itself better internationally than in the past. Net migration is strongly positive. Low property base following floods. Syd booming, Melb running hard, Brisbane poised to catch up.

I think the coming economic armageddan that is approaching will ensure all of the areas you mentioned getting smashed, including Brisbane. There is nothing to replace the mining boom, our saviour during the GFC. Qld,s unemployment rate is currently over 6 per cent and trending higher than most states...before the coming economic transition rudd only now speaks of. I thought we were different to the rest of the world ;) looks like we are not :(

Brisbane's growth usually occurs after Sydney's growth. Some properties have gone up by about 10% already in past year, so expecting similar suburbs that haven't risen yet to have some growth in the coming 6 months. As Sydney gets more expensive, Brisbane will look cheap and Sydney's investors will buy up with their gained equity. IMO.

Hi Invstor
I always thought when Syd booms, Melb follows, then Brisbane.

My only concern with QLD is the downturn in mining, many areas in QLD are dependent on mining????

I hope I am wrong.

Hi Invstor
I always thought when Syd booms, Melb follows, then Brisbane.

My only concern with QLD is the downturn in mining, many areas in QLD are dependent on mining????

I hope I am wrong.

I've never paid attention to Melb markets so have no idea about the order you state. I follow Bris and Perth a lot. I remember reading about 15 years ago Bris follows Sydney by a year. Being 11-12 hours drive away or one hour flight, it's just up the road from Sydney! I think the mining in Qld is different to mining in WA. A few of my old school friends or their partners are employed in the industry but live in Mackay, etc, and only visit Bris. In Perth I come across a lot more people employed in mining industry. The construction industry in Bris is similiar to Perth, struggling with only the best employees being retained. Hasn't stopped Perth prices going up though.

I've never paid attention to Melb markets so have no idea about the order you state. I follow Bris and Perth a lot. I remember reading about 15 years ago Bris follows Sydney by a year. Being 11-12 hours drive away or one hour flight, it's just up the road from Sydney! I think the mining in Qld is different to mining in WA. A few of my old school friends or their partners are employed in the industry but live in Mackay, etc, and only visit Bris. In Perth I come across a lot more people employed in mining industry. The construction industry in Bris is similiar to Perth, struggling with only the best employees being retained. Hasn't stopped Perth prices going up though.

Thanks, interesting, that mining in QLD different to Perth, never really thought about this.

Thanks Trippy for being the only pessimistic or super cautious. Even myself voted for limited growth. Was just thinking, why everyone in Oz is super optimistic.

Yes, you may be correct with how fast china is slowing, manipulated data from china, 99% sure to be hard-landing. Can Oz survive, time will tell, if non-mining industries started producing growth or stopping the mining landslide.

Thanks Trippy for being the only pessimistic or super cautious. Even myself voted for limited growth. Was just thinking, why everyone in Oz is super optimistic.

Yes, you may be correct with how fast china is slowing, manipulated data from china, 99% sure to be hard-landing. Can Oz survive, time will tell, if non-mining industries started producing growth or stopping the mining landslide.

I'm not sure every one in oz is , but I think many on this forum are .

Why ?

I've seen it all before . I have faith in this country to get it right , even if the pollies don't

Cliff

Back