Brisbane Property Prices next 12 months

Where will Brisbane's house prices go within the next 12 months (medians)?

• BOOM! (20%+) - $528,000 +

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Balanced Growth (10-12%) - $484,000 - $492,900

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Limited Growth (5%) - $462,000

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Neutral Growth (0%) - $440,000

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Negative Growth (-5%) - $418,000

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • DEPTHS (-10%) - $398,000 - lower

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hahah thats exactly what I have just done sold one of my inner west properties and living the life mortgage free on the Gold coast. Now looking for good oportunities in Brisbane under $500,000 but the market is pretty hot as well in Brisbane for anything under $500,000 so I expect a bit of growth not like Sydney though...

hahah thats exactly what I have just done sold one of my inner west properties and living the life mortgage free on the Gold coast. Now looking for good oportunities in Brisbane under $500,000 but the market is pretty hot as well in Brisbane for anything under $500,000 so I expect a bit of growth not like Sydney though...
Yes. Best to jump in the time machine and buy in 2012.. but that's not the way these things work, impressive how buyer sentiment has changed in 12 months.

Well done Sydney's infrastructure is going backwards very fast having a very negative effect on people's quality of life.

I've bought 3x units in 18 months on the GC all with above 6% net returns.
Will sell my unit in Miranda, Sydney and purchase in Tweed Heads and retire at 42y:D

Hhaha oh yes Sydneysiders may knock the GC but give me my stand up paddle board every morning on currumbin creek over my 1 hour commute on the bus from the inner west any day .....:) It is amazing how buyer sentiment has changed in 12 months. Anyone here able to give me any feeback on Kenmore...?? I have been wanting to buy in Wishart and Mansfield anything in the MS School cathcment but think I have missed the boat. Kenmore also has good state schools but does not seem as popular can anyone explain as I went for a drive there on the weekend and it had a much nicer vibe about it then Mansfield and Wishart.

Hhaha oh yes Sydneysiders may knock the GC but give me my stand up paddle board every morning on currumbin creek over my 1 hour commute on the bus from the inner west any day .....:) It is amazing how buyer sentiment has changed in 12 months. Anyone here able to give me any feeback on Kenmore...?? I have been wanting to buy in Wishart and Mansfield anything in the MS School cathcment but think I have missed the boat. Kenmore also has good state schools but does not seem as popular can anyone explain as I went for a drive there on the weekend and it had a much nicer vibe about it then Mansfield and Wishart.

Kenmore is a good suburb. I'd rank it higher than mansfield and wishart. Probably more expensive too due to the higher ses.

After 3 months Brisbane is teetering on Limited Growth according to this poll. I'm tipping this could go into BOOM territory by August next year.

Hi folks

Jumping in on this great poll (and conversation thread) a little late but... What peoples thoughts on the non-flood south east/Beenleigh train line suburbs of Sunnyvale, Runcorn, and Kuraby?

I'm new to the Brisbane market and though I've done as much DD as I can remotely - what are local investor's takes on these markets?

Cheers,
Cameron

After 3 months Brisbane is teetering on Limited Growth according to this poll. I'm tipping this could go into BOOM territory by August next year.
I'm with you, early signs looking good. Half of my buyers are not local and increasing from 2013. I think our market still depends on Sydney, if growth stops there then we will slow. Keep me posted on your market guys. Just purchased my second in Chermside in last 12 months.

Gus

I'm putting down a couple of fantasy purchases since I'm investing elsewhere but would buy below if I could obtain finance:

Coorparoo
Apartment - $350,000
2 bed, 1 bath, 1 car

Mt Gravatt
Townhouse - $475,000
3 bed, 2 bath, 1 car, 200sqm block

I'll enjoy revisiting this later in 2014, and beyond.

The brisbane market has seen, as you correctly pointed out, limited growth in the first 3 months of this year.
The reason for that tepidness i think is jobs- its been a bit slow- more short term contract positions are opening up, but what brisbane really needs are full time positions. Thats been the issue, however full time positions usually follow from shorter contract/temp positions, so expect the second half of the year to show stronger growth in brisbane than the first.

I'm putting down a couple of fantasy purchases since I'm investing elsewhere but would buy below if I could obtain finance:

Coorparoo
Apartment - $350,000
2 bed, 1 bath, 1 car

Mt Gravatt
Townhouse - $475,000
3 bed, 2 bath, 1 car, 200sqm block

I'll enjoy revisiting this later in 2014, and beyond.

Why would you buy a townhouse for 475 when you can buy a house

Excellent question. Despite my "fantasy" post, I applied the reality of my circumstances, which would require strong depreciation and a high yield to keep me moving forward.

Disregarding that, a house would be a wise option.

What would be the net return of your fantasy purchases?

Hi folks

Jumping in on this great poll (and conversation thread) a little late but... What peoples thoughts on the non-flood south east/Beenleigh train line suburbs of Sunnyvale, Runcorn, and Kuraby?

I'm new to the Brisbane market and though I've done as much DD as I can remotely - what are local investor's takes on these markets?

Cheers,
Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Sunnybank, Kuraby and Runcorn are all good suburbs.
I'd invest in Sunnybank over Kuraby for good capital growth. Strong Asian demand in Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills and Runcorn.
Sunnybank has become quite expensive.
Runcorn nearby is much cheaper than Sunnybank so will have strong capital growth.
Remember to check the flood maps though.

Another reasonable suburb you can look at near Sunnybank/Sunnybank hills/Runcorn is Rochedale South. The prices like, Runcorn, are a bit more sane.

Eight Mile Plains next to Rochedale South is another expensive suburb in heavy demand from Asian buyers (mainly Chinese) because of lucky number 'Eight'.

Back