Brisbane Property Prices next 12 months

Where will Brisbane's house prices go within the next 12 months (medians)?

• BOOM! (20%+) - $528,000 +

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Balanced Growth (10-12%) - $484,000 - $492,900

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Limited Growth (5%) - $462,000

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Neutral Growth (0%) - $440,000

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Negative Growth (-5%) - $418,000

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • DEPTHS (-10%) - $398,000 - lower

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So probably a good time to build on that double block within 10klms of the CBD and near rail? I was worried about getting stuck holding 2 empty spekies.

Everything is pretty buoyant from a sales point of view at the moment. I just sold one that was purchased in May last year for $480,000 and sold this year for $556,00 in June with multiple offers in a week, all very consistent at the same price point. (Inner City Brisbane)

Pretty typical for properties in this price point, and even higher.

What would the Brisbane Team say about investing in Acacia Ridge ? prices are around $275,000 for a 3 bed and if the street was not never flood impacted ?

Would getting quality tenants in Acacia Ridge be a challenge ?
Would it recover similar to prices in Sydney's bottom end ?

thanks ... keen to buy there as prices are low

What would the Brisbane Team say about investing in Acacia Ridge ? prices are around $275,000 for a 3 bed and if the street was not never flood impacted ?

Would getting quality tenants in Acacia Ridge be a challenge ?
Would it recover similar to prices in Sydney's bottom end ?

thanks ... keen to buy there as prices are low

It doesn't really matter if it wasn't flood impacted. People hear Acacia Ridge and they automatically think "flood impacted" and that's going to impact prices for a very long time to come. The place has heaps of traffic too, and lots of industrial, plus it's pretty close to Inala.

Personally I prefer places that are cheap when they shouldn't be, rather than places that are cheap for very good reason.

Hello Tim

thanks for advise, i stayed there for a few days and it seemed to be decent place, but you are right the industrial traffic was all over

Hello Tim

thanks for advise, i stayed there for a few days and it seemed to be decent place, but you are right the industrial traffic was all over

Yeah I don't think it's a bad neighbourhood, the people seem good, and it is pretty close to the cbd. But it has a massive stigma after the floods. I saw the main st after the flood and it was messed up. Heaps of the shops had the water go almost up the the roof. And some houses that were two story had the water go up to their eaves. They were proper flooded. Back when you could access nearmap for free you could see the area in the 2011 flood on the day, and it was completely wiped out.

I think if you just want something cheap to rent to okay tenants you might have some luck there. But I'd get a flood free property. And expect much lower capital growth compared to the surrounding suburbs.

Sorry did someone say Acacia Ridge was close to the CBD.

Must admit i wouldn't like to walk to work living out that far.

Personally i would never invest that far out as i don't think you need to.

You get a lot better bang for your buck closer in.

As far as whether Brisbane will boom this year there is no doubt that prices have started to increase but i think boom is a little optimistic.

I have just listed a block of 6 x 2 bedroom units in an inner city suburb (which i have owned since 2003) and have received some good initial offers in the first weekend. Demand for the right property is definitely strong.

Sorry did someone say Acacia Ridge was close to the CBD.

Must admit i wouldn't like to walk to work living out that far.

Personally i would never invest that far out as i don't think you need to.

You get a lot better bang for your buck closer in.

As far as whether Brisbane will boom this year there is no doubt that prices have started to increase but i think boom is a little optimistic.

I have just listed a block of 6 x 2 bedroom units in an inner city suburb (which i have owned since 2003) and have received some good initial offers in the first weekend. Demand for the right property is definitely strong.

Acacia Ridge is 15 mins drive to the CBD. I'd call that close.

I live a little closer in at Salisbury, takes me 12 mins to get to the CBD every day. Personally I wouldn't want to live any closer. The extra 5 mins drive is worth it for the quiet suburb and the 1600m2 block.

I buy hold and also develop and sell a lot in Brisbane. A site in Upper Kedron is selling out stage by stage prior to us obtaining registration of titles. This is also happening through the northern corridor. I view the biggest indicator of supply pressure in a city being the ability on mass for large scale developers either having lots of titled stock on the market and when there is limited supply the majority of developers are selling stock with registration dates pushed out.

Good times ahead for Brisbane.

I buy hold and also develop and sell a lot in Brisbane. A site in Upper Kedron is selling out stage by stage prior to us obtaining registration of titles. This is also happening through the northern corridor. I view the biggest indicator of supply pressure in a city being the ability on mass for large scale developers either having lots of titled stock on the market and when there is limited supply the majority of developers are selling stock with registration dates pushed out.

Good times ahead for Brisbane.

Cam, I was going to ask you your thought on Brisbane yesterday on another tread, but this is more appropriate.
In particular how do you rate Chermside, based on your MAP criteria. I purchased my last property there and am looking at my next there also. I see it as a major growth corridor with no land available and the new neighbourhood plan came in last week, which now allows 15 storey development.

I also choose to work this area due to above.

Cam, I was going to ask you your thought on Brisbane yesterday on another tread, but this is more appropriate.
In particular how do you rate Chermside, based on your MAP criteria. I purchased my last property there and am looking at my next there also. I see it as a major growth corridor with no land available and the new neighbourhood plan came in last week, which now allows 15 storey development.

I also choose to work this area due to above.

I like chermside. We just picked up an 8 story apartment complex there which will soon start. I myself have a lot of property through the northern corridor. Brsibane is where I'm investing currently.

That's the one
Thought so.
I have a 2000m2 10 storey block coming up and was using that as a guide. If you hear of anyone looking for a similar project, let me know. Also have some smaller 45 unit complex.

on another topic, do you do any training sessions in Brisbane on MAP.

Thought so.
I have a 2000m2 10 storey block coming up and was using that as a guide. If you hear of anyone looking for a similar project, let me know. Also have some smaller 45 unit complex.

on another topic, do you do any training sessions in Brisbane on MAP.

Hey,

We are always looking for sites. Those sizes work for us. Shoot me an email with the details [email protected] and we can discuss.

Not doing any sessions in Brisbane this side of new year but I've put the MAP system with check sheets in My Four Year Old the Property Investor.
You can get a copy of our web site www.openwealthcreation.com.au

I bought a 3bed house last year in Lutwyche and recently have received more than a few offer letters from realestate agent/developer like that they are interested in (buying) my property - no detail offer yet.

As I am in Sydney (but I used live in this suburb and know the area), I was not aware of what's going on in this area/Brisbane development plans. I bought it because I know that Lutwyche is super convenient for shopping, commuting to CBD, recreation, airport, hospital and all amenities.

But just checked the Brisbane Council's city plan of northern corridors and found that my property is located within the NPP-001 Lutwyche centre area.

Would appreciate any comments on what this means to my property value and future prospect with this new draft plan??

A few suburbs I'm looking at have gone mental. Cannon Hill, Camp Hill, etc.

A post war splitter which would have been asking mid 600s in August are all asking mid-high 700s all of a sudden...they all seem to be getting over asking price too. I'm not sure if this is just some pent up demand being released after the election with people trying to get in before Xmas or what.

Greater fool theory hard at work it seems.

Being from Sydney i know of people already cashing in on Sydney Inner West, South Sydney & city properties, then looking for property on the Gold Coast and having substantial cash left over which would take a decade to save.
This is exactly what happened in 2005-2006 and then boom and then as we all know the bubble well and truly burst.

Some Sydney property owners are getting 1.5 million for terrace's with the Chinese buying up, 1.5m goes a long way in the Northern Rivers,Gold Coast & Brisbane.

Back